Internet question

mxz800

Instigator
Supporting Member
The gated community in Florida has Century Link and Zito, both I've been told are very slow. (30mbps)

Most of the time I use my phone to go online but I use the home internet to stream TV.

I've checked with Verizon, T-Mobile, and ATT they don't have home 5g in my area. We can send probes to Mars but I can't get fast internet?

Does anyone know of a way to get fast reliable internet to stream TV? Would some kind of hotspot work? I'm old so I don't know much about the subject.

The gated community in Florida has Century Link and Zito, both I've been told are very slow. (30mbps)

Most of the time I use my phone to go online but I use the home internet to stream TV.

I've checked with Verizon, T-Mobile, and ATT they don't have home 5g in my area. We can send probes to Mars but I can't get fast internet?

Does anyone know of a way to get fast reliable internet to stream TV? Would some kind of hotspot work? I'm old so I don't know much about the subject.

i know you don't like me but this is helpful:

https://broadbandmap.fcc.gov/home

smash your address in there and it'll give you pretty much all the stats

30 MBPS is PLENTY to stream with. We used to stream reliably when we had 5, and "mostly reliable" when we had 2!

StarLink is one option but you've got to find out if you can get it in your area.

Until you went uncunted over a battery I had never known you existed.

dang you got your panties pretty bunched up by some common sense comments by a stranger then!

fuck i can't wait to be senile.. i'm excited to misremember things that happened 30 seconds ago :ROFLMAO:

all jokes aside that fcc site is pretty good, mobile is the second tab on the top right.

30 MBPS is PLENTY to stream with. We used to stream reliably when we had 5, and "mostly reliable" when we had 2!

I used to have 5 once with zero issues and then they upgraded our area to fiber and put me on 20 and it never worked as well. I spent a lot of time talking with some dipshit in India over it.

I stream on 5MBPS with 2 TV's running and also 2 computers going at it. And my signal isn't the best in the world either.

Could've been worse you could be stalked by a fucktard from Encino.

FIFY.. spell check is your friend.. or maybe fiend..

my bad for calling out your stupidity and trying to help you out after your unsuccessful attempt at making me feel small with your work history!

I've never paid for more than the slowest speed offered by whatever provider I had at the time and I haven't waited for a video to buffer since I lived in the sticks and had to use satellite or terrestrial wireless because there were no wired options at all. 40 is the fastest I've ever had.

Last edited:
Reactions: Claybirdd
I talked to a guy who has Century Link he said it's not bad if you don't mind it taking 12 hours for people to receive your email.

I've never paid for more than the slowest speed offered by whatever provider I had at the time and I haven't waited for a video to buffer since I lived in the sticks and had to use satellite it terrestrial wireless because there were no wired options at all. 40 is the fastest I've ever had.
I think 40 is what I have now also - I'd take 10 or less if I could get it.

I talked to a guy who has Century Link he said it's not bad if you don't mind it taking 12 hours for people to receive your email.

I had CenturyLink for 4 years in Colorado. I had 40 my first year because everything 40 and slower was the same price. I downgraded to 20 when the promotion expired and couldn't tell a difference.

i have 25 now from Cox and have seen zero issues with working while streaming YouTube in my office while the kids watch Disney+ and my wife does her thing.

I was told 100 Mbps is what I would need?

I'm streaming on broadband with about 10 to 15 mbps and is fairly decent, not great but livable. Waiting almost 2 years now for fiber direct to be installed locally and they are behind schedule.