Interview with Mr. Blaine on Jeep Talk Show podcast

I agree 100% ! Complete integrity, his advice is always from the heart. Most often we only know he runs a shop when he relates problems some of his "new" customers experience. Absolutely, his goal is to help us make informed decisions.
While appreciated, I do need to clarify that I do not run a shop. I am not open to the public. I help folks solve problems and I pick and choose who I do that for. I have a very select clientele that I assist in achieving their goals and while it may sound like the average situation, it isn't and it isn't by design.

Reactions: billiebob
As for beginning tender... you fully don't know me. I deal with the worst this world can offer on a daily basis. That's my job. Jeep parts and motorcycle stuff (I do that too) and several other hobbies...
Jeep stuff is fun.
My serious life is dealing within the humans that fall somewhere between a terrorist and the slap who steals your jeep.
Who would seriously take on Mr Blaine?
This is play time for me.
Since we are sharing and all, and I'm in a frank mood due to yesterday's circumstances, I'll share a tiny bit that most don't know.

Yesterday was a very sad day but not in the traditional sense, but in the sadness that is a life wasted and the fervent wish and desire of alternate paths and outcomes. You see, I got a phone call yesterday afternoon from my recently deceased sister's husband. He related that he had just received a phone call from the Sheriff in Roswell letting him know that the body of my brother had just been found. The only info available is just that. Nothing more, not one iota more.

The sadness over the death of my estranged brother is that I've only missed a few things in my life that I would really like to have been very different. Having a brother who actually acted like one is near the top of that list. I'm sad that never happened, I'm sad that he chose a path that put him in prison for 25 years, I'm sad that he got out 5 years ago and never saw fit to call me or let me know in any manner. I'd sad that he spent the last 5 years blaming others for his problems and expecting them to provide solutions for them instead of taking the initiative to fix himself.

My only sadness over his actual death is it removes the tiny little flame of hope that could perhaps be fanned into an actual relationship at some level. I'm not sad that he is dead and expectedly so, he has been homeless, drug and alcohol addicted with no interest in anything but where the next fix could be gotten and he was beyond cruel to my father on his deathbed 2 years ago so this was inevitable in all aspects.

To put the rest of that into perspective requires but a single sentence. The second of my remaining two estranged sisters is squatting in my deceased father's home and I no longer get notices from the court over her challenge to the probate since I declined any of the inheritance and agreed with his wishes to deny her any thing of value.

Reactions: OldButStillJeeping
I'll finish this ridiculous banter by saying this.
IMO. Mr Blaine know Jeeps. No doubt about that. He is a straight to the point shooter and will tell you like it is. He produces or is in business with those who produce quality jeep parts. You can't go wrong with his products. Although I am opinionated about aluminum. Lol. But that's just me and my being old school.
I just learned that he is sarcastic in his posts, but unfortunately that comes across as arrogance. But that is my personal view. In a two dimensional outlet such as a forum, sarcasm isn't a reality.
I respect him, but we disagree on many things. But what two old farts don't?
If I'd met him on a jeep club run, and I may have. We might be drinking a glass of wine right now in each other's backyard.
I wish you the best in your endeavours, Mr. Blaine. May your business (s) flourish. I respect you and appreciate your knowledge.
But, please remember, sarcasm isn't readable online.
God Bless.

I'll finish this ridiculous banter by saying this.
IMO. Mr Blaine know Jeeps. No doubt about that. He is a straight to the point shooter and will tell you like it is. He produces or is in business with those who produce quality jeep parts. You can't go wrong with his products. Although I am opinionated about aluminum. Lol. But that's just me and my being old school.
I just learned that he is sarcastic in his posts, but unfortunately that comes across as arrogance. But that is my personal view. In a two dimensional outlet such as a forum, sarcasm isn't a reality.
I respect him, but we disagree on many things. But what two old farts don't?
If I'd met him on a jeep club run, and I may have. We might be drinking a glass of wine right now in each other's backyard.
I wish you the best in your endeavours, Mr. Blaine. May your business (s) flourish. I respect you and appreciate your knowledge.
But, please remember, sarcasm isn't readable online.
God Bless.
A few things point to us being in proximity to one another as very doubtful. My beverage of choice is coffee. My wheeling consists of doing most things possible to avoid anything connected to a club run.

Since we are sharing and all, and I'm in a frank mood due to yesterday's circumstances, I'll share a tiny bit that most don't know.

Yesterday was a very sad day but not in the traditional sense, but in the sadness that is a life wasted and the fervent wish and desire of alternate paths and outcomes. You see, I got a phone call yesterday afternoon from my recently deceased sister's husband. He related that he had just received a phone call from the Sheriff in Roswell letting him know that the body of my brother had just been found. The only info available is just that. Nothing more, not one iota more.

The sadness over the death of my estranged brother is that I've only missed a few things in my life that I would really like to have been very different. Having a brother who actually acted like one is near the top of that list. I'm sad that never happened, I'm sad that he chose a path that put him in prison for 25 years, I'm sad that he got out 5 years ago and never saw fit to call me or let me know in any manner. I'd sad that he spent the last 5 years blaming others for his problems and expecting them to provide solutions for them instead of taking the initiative to fix himself.

My only sadness over his actual death is it removes the tiny little flame of hope that could perhaps be fanned into an actual relationship at some level. I'm not sad that he is dead and expectedly so, he has been homeless, drug and alcohol addicted with no interest in anything but where the next fix could be gotten and he was beyond cruel to my father on his deathbed 2 years ago so this was inevitable in all aspects.

To put the rest of that into perspective requires but a single sentence. The second of my remaining two estranged sisters is squatting in my deceased father's home and I no longer get notices from the court over her challenge to the probate since I declined any of the inheritance and agreed with his wishes to deny her any thing of value.
Damn. Sorry to hear it. God Bless.

Reactions: jjvw
A few things point to us being in proximity to one another as very doubtful. My beverage of choice is coffee. My wheeling consists of doing most things possible to avoid anything connected to a club run.
Funny you say that. We've pretty much quit most club runs due to the loud music and dipshits with giant lights on their rings at 2 AM.

But seriously, may your loss be taken well.
God Bless

Funny you say that. We've pretty much quit most club runs due to the loud music and dipshits with giant lights on their rings at 2 AM.

But seriously, may your loss be taken well.
God Bless
I have to apologize for the improper expression of the situation and lack of clarity. The only loss I am experiencing is the tiny little glimmer of hope, however improbable that one day my brother would act like one. The rest is you can not lose something you didn't have. I am pragmatic enough to fully know it would never happen. I'm human enough to still have wished for it.

I have to apologize for the improper expression of the situation and lack of clarity. The only loss I am experiencing is the tiny little glimmer of hope, however improbable that one day my brother would act like one. The rest is you can not lose something you didn't have. I am pragmatic enough to fully know it would never happen. I'm human enough to still have wished for it.

Something to consider is that you still have two sisters. As you've removed yourself from the family monetary issues, taking steps to make them less estranged by accepting them as they are, and casting aside whatever problems you may all have could bring some positive aspect to the loss of your brother.

I've seen far too many people estranged by petty squabbles, when one of those parties passes any chance of changing that goes out the window. Life is too short.

Reactions: Red Dog
Something to consider is that you still have two sisters. As you've removed yourself from the family monetary issues, taking steps to make them less estranged by accepting them as they are, and casting aside whatever problems you may all have could bring some positive aspect to the loss of your brother.

I've seen far too many people estranged by petty squabbles, when one of those parties passes any chance of changing that goes out the window. Life is too short.
My "family" suffers from an intolerable affliction. Across the board they all operate under the assumption that it is okay to treat "family" in any fashion that suits their whim or garners them the most benefit with full impunity for consequences thereof as long as it can all be forgiven because they are family. To include them in my life would result in a level of drama that I won't tolerate and a tolerance of things I can't stand.

The sister in question used to live with me when she found herself homeless and I took her in. My reward was her and her boyfriend swinging by the house and helping themselves to my gun collection, my extensive reloading equipment, and a few thousand rounds of hand loaded ammunition. They used the proceeds to finance a trip across Texas. Several years later she tried to pop back into my life like nothing happened and expecting me to forget and forgive. Forgive maybe, forget never. In a moment of weakness, I let her move from Roswell to CA to try and get on her feet. The rule was she had to work and wasn't allowed in the house if we weren't home due to previous transgressions. Thankfully I got word in time that she was on her way out and managed to get home and change the locks. She was irate that I had done so and cussed me for a very long time over that while fully ignoring that she would not have known I changed the locks had she not tried to violate policy.

I've spoken to the other sister once in 25 years. She called me out of the blue to ask me to convince the State of NM to give her children back who were removed for non payment of child support. She has 5 children whom I have never met, with 5 different fathers. Consider the fact that SHE was directed to pay child support. What series of things does a mother wind up doing that ever puts her in the position of paying CS?

I simply asked her if she owed the money, she said yes, I said that was the end of it for me.

I didn't ask for them to be like they are, I can only deal with it in a manner that best protects me and mine from their bullshit. I moved as far west as I can get without getting wet. It has worked well so far.

Not good Blaine, it's terrible when things end up like this.

All I can suggest is if you're ever in the same place, same time as them. Meet for a coffee/meal and then go your separate ways. That way you get some family time and if anything ever does happen you can feel you've had some sort of relationship. Terribly sorry.

Not good Blaine, it's terrible when things end up like this.

All I can suggest is if you're ever in the same place, same time as them. Meet for a coffee/meal and then go your separate ways. That way you get some family time and if anything ever does happen you can feel you've had some sort of relationship. Terribly sorry.
I appreciate it and the suggestions. I have not posted it for sympathy but more to provide some insight as to why you get what you get.

Sarcasm doesn't come across in a two dimensional medium as in an online post. With all due respect, there are those with knowledge and experience whom will share that experience and knowledge but it comes at a price if the giver so chooses. That price is condescending and demeaning expression in verbage, if the giver so chooses.

Sarcasm - or any other emotion - can easily be conveyed in any medium, pending that such conveyance is the intention of the creator, and that they have the skill to pull it off. Despite this fact, I've found through long experience that the perceived tone of an online post is completely dependent upon mindset of the reader...often so much so that the intentions or efforts of the author become practically insignificant. More plainly stated: how you choose to interpret any given thing is your choice, pure and simple.

Like I said, I'm going to be who I am and how I am with little regard to anyone's advice to be different. I speak in a very direct to the point matter of fact manner. Some perceive that as belittling and I neither care or want to change that. It is just how I talk and type.

That's the lynch-pin, right there: most people confuse directness with arrogance, effrontery, or condescension because they don't know the difference and don't stop to think before they respond. I tried to prevent that kind of reaction for a long time before I wised up and realized that I was attempting the impossible.

Reactions: DaveF and Red Dog
Sarcasm - or any other emotion - can easily be conveyed in any medium, pending that such conveyance is the intention of the creator, and that they have the skill to pull it off. Despite this fact, I've found through long experience that the perceived tone of an online post is completely dependent upon mindset of the reader...often so much so that the intentions or efforts of the author become practically insignificant. More plainly stated: how you choose to interpret any given thing is your choice, pure and simple.

That's the lynch-pin, right there: most people confuse directness with arrogance, effrontery, or condescension because they don't know the difference and don't stop to think before they respond. I tried to prevent that kind of reaction for a long time before I wised up and realized that I was attempting the impossible.

I have a very easy way to avoid misinterpreting intent when reading someone's post and I've been doing it since I started posting and reading. I read the posts, I rarely look at the username to see who it is from. It takes a long time and/or a repetition of contentiousness or belligerence in someone's posts before I start paying attention to who is doing it. Also why it takes me a very long time generally to remember the usernames of folks.

I have a very easy way to avoid misinterpreting intent when reading someone's post and I've been doing it since I started posting and reading. I read the posts, I rarely look at the username to see who it is from. It takes a long time and/or a repetition of contentiousness or belligerence in someone's posts before I start paying attention to who is doing it. Also why it takes me a very long time generally to remember the usernames of folks.

I've done the "skip reading the poster name" thing from time to time, myself - mostly when I'm catching up on a long thread - and it works pretty well. I still misinterpret and misunderstand people here and there, but I honestly have far more problems in the reverse situation: at times, people react both strongly and offensively to the things I say, and they get antagonistic in short order. Then again, a lot of those people have the history of contentiousness and belligerence you mentioned.