Intro for AnotherLSswap

AnotherLSswap

Hi. I hope the name gives an idea as to why I am here besides having a Jeep Wrangler.

I just purchased a 2006 LJ non rubi. It has a hard top and soft top, A/C, low miles about 80k (138k kms actually). I have plans for it.

LS swap with gm 10spd trans
Coilover suspension with long arm triangulated rear and likely a three link front. 1 ton axles. And a whole bunch of other ideas floating in my head.

I am not new to jeep building. In fact I have had many jeeps but only one wrangler. I was involved in a friend's Hemi 1ton coilover LJ build. I have wanted to do one so when he was planning his I helped to learn.

Now its my time. Biggest thing I learned from that LJ. Plan it. Execute the plan. Chunk it into stages. Dont do a Hemi swap. I learned a whole lot more but that summarizes it. I dont k ow alot honestly which is why I am here. I would think we all have experience mainly from one build and its our own. I have built a JKU and help build a LJ so I do have some knowledge. That knowledge is to ask more intelligent questions really though.

I am looking forward to sharing my experience with this particular build and recieving helpful suggestions as I do it.

Watch for my next POST.

Thank you all

WES in BC,Cda

Are you splitting time in BC and Cda? Look into a mid arm. A long arm may not be the ticket that it was once proclaimed to be. Welcome to the forum, and enjoy the ride. If you’re ever in Cda with your final rig, I’d like to take a ride. I’m nearby.

CDA is for 🇨🇦. What else does it stand for.....?

Welll i need long arm for the rear as it will be triangulated to eliminate the need for a track bar. Up front long arm and high lift helps with a smooth ride.

Biggest reason for the long arm is the build will include 14" travel coliover shocks.

Thanks

Reactions: GTERDN

Welll i need long arm for the rear as it will be triangulated to eliminate the need for a track bar. Up front long arm and high lift helps with a smooth ride.

Biggest reason for the long arm is the build will include 14" travel coliover shocks.

Thanks
Couer d’ Alene, Idaho.

Thanks
What size tire and how much stretch? Any? It’s an LJ I realize. Sounds like fun

I have 05LJ and am looking forward to learning more on this built. Thanks and there are some really nice ones on this forum.

Sounds like a dream build about to unfold.

Just curious what made you not want to do the hemi after helping with your buddies? I would go LS if it were me but I’m curious what was the deciding factor.

What else have you honed in on such as wheelbase, tire size, etc?