• Want to add an app icon for this forum to your mobile device's home screen? Check out this thread to see how.
  • Have an event you want to share? Check out the new forum event calendar and how-to use it in this thread here.
  • To both new members and existing members, please read this thread about posting your topics in the correct sub-forum. It makes my job (and my life) a lot easier!

Intro

Scoutmapper

Hey folks! I started getting into Jeeps around 2001 when I bought a CJ7. I only had it a few years, I was in way too deep for my mechanical skills. The PO did a spring over axel and the bump steering was dangerous so I just sold it for something I could handle. In 04 I picked up a brand new Rubicon and still own it. I have been restoring it, fixing little things and upgrading minor parts...need to work on some surface rust underneath next. For being a DD for 10 years and living in Ohio, its not all that bad. I kept it very clean underneath but rust eventually gets everything in Ohio.
Glad to have found this forum, Thanks for putting this together Chris!

Reactions: Chris

Kiwi TJ

I don't suffer from insanity I enjoy every minute
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
There is quite a following of just keeping the Rubi stock-ish….more that capable of going pretty much anywhere just the way it left the factory.
Love that you've kept it since new.
As @lowranger said though.....we need pics !!!

Reactions: Scoutmapper
OP
Scoutmapper

Scoutmapper

Alright, here is a garage picture. I was about to replace the door handle paddle and it started to rain...only go the driver side on

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
OP
Scoutmapper

Scoutmapper

Looks very clean for being 10 years old in Ohio. If you’re only dealing with surface rust then you must be doing something right.
Thanks! It's 15 years old. I always ran to the car wash when it had salt on it in the winter. The last 3 years or so it has been my spare toy when I retired her from DD status. She is garaged all the time now.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ