Introductions

DustinfromOhio

TJ Enthusiast
Hello everyone, I finally registered on the forum so just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. I’ve been following write ups and advice from Chris, Jerry B, and Blaine for years so hopefully I can pass it along to the next generation!

Welcome to the forum, glad to see you’ve been following it for a while now. Post some photos of your TJ when you get a chance 👍

Welcome to the forum, glad to see you’ve been following it for a while now. Post some photos of your TJ when you get a chance 👍
Thanks Chris! Here are a few from the Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway last fall.

121FB279-EE91-4033-8C98-7D541F23980E.jpeg

6CAB2F7F-6002-42CD-B01E-1CBD9C415A52.jpeg

624814EB-98B1-4100-9B26-F1A1D7DB7E98.jpeg

EFA263E2-0791-4612-8CDB-845E236B71B8.jpeg

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and Chris
The Ohio Tree Care Conference. It’s a big annual convention for arborists to get continuing Ed credits.
Ah, continuing ed credits...on a somber note, we lost a ridiculous amount of trees last May when 13 tornadoes ravaged the Miami Valley in one night, including two F3's and one F4. I'm in remodeling and restoration and were still rebuilding.

Ah, continuing ed credits...on a somber note, we lost a ridiculous amount of trees last May when 13 tornadoes ravaged the Miami Valley in one night, including two F3's and one F4. I'm in remodeling and restoration and were still rebuilding.
That’s awful, we had a tornado wipe out the local arboretum 5ish years ago, probably a century to regrow everything damaged. Good for business though lol

That’s awful, we had a tornado wipe out the local arboretum 5ish years ago, probably a century to regrow everything damaged. Good for business though lol
Yes, very good for business, but it destroyed and/or disrupted so many lives. This is some of the carnage that took place. We actually shut down projects for 2 weeks and sent the guys out to just tarp people's homes, at least those still with homes. There were/are so many people without homeowner's insurance that have nothing now. We just finished up a free roof for one of the unfortunates; however, that is a drop in the bucket. But, we continue to rebuild. What's crazy is we had FEMA here and still little to no national coverage.

20190528_082120_HDR.jpg

Message(1).jpg

Message(2).jpg

Message(3).jpg

Message.jpg

Yes, very good for business, but it destroyed and/or disrupted so many lives. This is some of the carnage that took place. We actually shut down projects for 2 weeks and sent the guys out to just tarp people's homes, at least those still with homes. There were/are so many people without homeowner's insurance that have nothing now. We just finished up a free roof for one of the unfortunates; however, that is a drop in the bucket. But, we continue to rebuild. What's crazy is we had FEMA here and still little to no national coverage.

View attachment 142904

View attachment 142905

View attachment 142906

View attachment 142907

View attachment 142908
That’s crazy! Our industry follows storm damage fairly closely and I never heard anything about it in the same state. Looks devastating.

That’s crazy! Our industry follows storm damage fairly closely and I never heard anything about it in the same state. Looks devastating.
It was and has consumed me as a professional the past year. But let's not turn your thread into something so depressing. Back to your introduction and what you've done to your rig and plan on doing for it. From those you say you follow on here, you have likely done things well with great products.

It was and has consumed me as a professional the past year. But let's not turn your thread into something so depressing. Back to your introduction and what you've done to your rig and plan on doing for it. From those you say you follow on here, you have likely done things well with great products.
I’ve had this Tj for a little under two years and have tried to upgrade and increase its abilities whenever preventative maintenance items arose. There were minor modifications made before I bought it but the previous owner took immaculate care. I have a company vehicle so it’s not my daily but I’m hoping to make it a multi use rig for me and my GF/daughters that’s capable of anything from camp/kayak trips to a week in Moab. This year will mostly be weekend trips around Pa, Wv, and Ky and fingers crossed a trip to Ouray in 2021. I’m currently building a Bantam T3c to help with that as well.
2B414CA6-C35D-436C-A94E-2D5D98A92C21.jpeg

E3FA5492-E03C-4FFF-B201-444EC9380D53.jpeg

Nice looking TJ. I have undone everything-- I mean everything--the PO did to mine and redone it, even though it was "how I would build it" when I bought it. Oh my things change when you get a TJ/LJ. I would like to make a trip to Moab as well. I also have a company truck, so mine is not my daily, technically. But, as defined as driving it at every opportunity, it is my "whenever I can" lol. Since you're going to be passing through Southern Ohio this weekend, you should swing through the Dayton Offroad Expo at the Roberts Centre in Wilmington on Sat or Sun (9-6 and 10-4, respectively).

Hey @DustinfromOhio! Here's a shout out from Norcal! Great lookin TJ in some beautiful country. Just joined the party myself and you're right, a great bunch of knowledgeable folks here!

Grew up here in norcal, but my Dad's from Bowling Green, and I still have family there in other towns. Haven'y been there since I was a kid, but I remember it being lush and green.

Reactions: Chris