IPerkWVU's Shale Green 04 Rubicon Build

Do you know if there Is there a weldnut on the inside of that bump tower or is it just tapped/threaded

Reason I ask is the driver side bolt was spinning and was having a tough time getting the bolt out.

To answer your question, they're compacted with mud/dirt. Now that you mentioned it, I'll hit it with the pressure washer before installing the springs tomorrow!
I put a 3/4" tube on the shop vac and got mine nice and clean with that and a screwdriver then painted before new Currie bumps went in. They were chock full of rocks and dirt before. Luckily bolts came out. Just tapped.

Reactions: IPerkWVU
Mine were packed full of sand. After cleaning them out I stuffed these in the top to keep crap out of there.

577b9997-08e0-48da-afdf-3b0c22a3f4ee.jpg

IMG_6892.JPG

Mine were packed full of sand. After cleaning them out I stuffed these in the top to keep crap out of there.

View attachment 164080
View attachment 164081
I'm at Ace at least once a weekend, will keep an eye out.

I put a 3/4" tube on the shop vac and got mine nice and clean with that and a screwdriver then painted before new Currie bumps went in. They were chock full of rocks and dirt before. Luckily bolts came out. Just tapped.

I almost snapped a pic of all the dirt I got out, it was completely packed and the bolt had rusted away. Retapped and used a slightly larger bolt with a new Bumpstop holder.

Reactions: MountaineerTom
Few odds and ends done. After I installed led tail lights I realized my reverse lights weren't working, not sure when they stopped before then. Dropped the skid and replaced the reverse switch, fixed the problem.

While the skid is off gave it a fresh coat of rust inhibitor and paint after I cleaned it up.
IMG_20200530_123948.jpg

Also wrapped up the onboard air set up, now just need to get a cap for it or one of those expensive plugs.
IMG_20200530_144132.jpg

Reactions: DrDmoney
Swapped out my broken locker pump. thanks for the part @Sea Cot. Fixed my locker troubles

Also got my 1.5 synergy spacers delivered. Hopefully this will keep my tires off the AR once installed. Right now the 1.25 rub too much for a few steering stop washers to fix

Reactions: Sea Cot
Added a little low end to the stereo, the polks definitely needed it.

Amp - JBL factory remanufactured amp for $55. Pushes 170watts rms at 4ohms bridged. Wired it to a mount I made using a old cutting board and a corner brace. It mounted under the steering wheel.
1131D855-1112-43DF-9E19-4DAE64B2D58D.jpeg
54C39742-8E69-41BD-AF36-4D4D63E5E6A8.jpeg

https://www.jbl.com/car-amplifiers/...wvar_GX-A602___color=Black-GLOBAL-Refurbished

Sub: kicker 6.75 sub, dual 2ohm voice coils. Had to clearance quite a bit of the factory box to make it fit. Also removed the inner amp components to create a little more space.
B32D074E-C3B7-4F1F-A54E-DECBB29D231F.jpeg

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_206CWRT672/Kicker-CompRT-43CWRT672.html?omnews=11743031
Wiring: Boss 8guage kit

Stereo already installed - Alpine HU and Polk speakers

Sounds great, super happy with the final result

Finally got a set of full half doors, these had been on my list for awhile. Found an insanely clean set on Facebook marketplace for a decent price.

I'll be selling the a lower soft door set and set of green non matching half doors to clean out the garage.

Also got the winshield bolts out to mount a set of mirrors. Heat, hand impact and quality t40 got 2 of them out, two needed drilling due to a rusty winshield frame. One needed a new nutsert when it was all said and done
20200701_210028.jpg

Got to do some wheeling yesterday, great to get back on the trails with the new MTRs, after airing down to the same PSI around 13 they had more sidewall flex, generally smoother on the trail. It was nice to have the additional pumpkin clearance.

Half doors did their job too. Got me 2 hours to the trail and back with AC (though with a good amount of air blown in) and got to run the lowers to keep the mud at bay.

No pics this time

Reactions: Fouledplugs
9D45D45E-316B-42FC-B4FC-4CB381125E97.jpeg

The Jeep made it to Alaska, was about a 4 week shipping process. Was able to ship up two vehicles (Jeep and wife’s Toyota) with the relo.

Ended up selling my daily GMC 1500 and buying a used 3.5 ecoboost F150 when I got up here a few months ago so. Love the torque!

1st two car garage (we’ve always had old homes with ‘sheds’), this one has heated floors and is well insulated 🤤

View attachment 212248

The Jeep made it to Alaska, was about a 4 week shipping process. Was able to ship up two vehicles (Jeep and wife’s Toyota) with the relo.

Ended up selling my daily GMC 1500 and buying a used 3.5 ecoboost F150 when I got up here a few months ago so. Love the torque!

1st two car garage (we’ve always had old homes with ‘sheds’), this one has heated floors and is well insulated 🤤
Enjoying the winter here so far? We are getting our first pineapple of the winter tomorrow. Would rather we did not.

Enjoying the winter here so far? We are getting our first pineapple of the winter tomorrow. Would rather we did not.
I am, the cold doesn’t bother me and ended up finding a nice place in Kenai.

Unfortunately I have to drive to Anchorage tomorrow to catch a 10pm flight, figure I’ll leave after lunch to try and let at least a plow or two through the pass before I make the drive in daylight.

Not ideal but need the truck to bring the family and dogs back after Christmas... I have studded winter tires so with 4wd and slow speeds I figure I can get there taking my time. Didn’t realize the storm was coming until this afternoon 🤦‍♂️

I am, the cold doesn’t bother me and ended up finding a nice place in Kenai.

Unfortunately I have to drive to Anchorage tomorrow to catch a 10pm flight, figure I’ll leave after lunch to try and let at least a plow or two through the pass before I make the drive in daylight.

Not ideal but need the truck to bring the family and dogs back after Christmas... I have studded winter tires so with 4wd and slow speeds I figure I can get there taking my time. Didn’t realize the storm was coming until this afternoon 🤦‍♂️
Giving yourself time and making the trip during the day is a good plan.

The Jeep made it out of the driveway for the first time this morning since winter. I missed driving this thing! Now I need to find some dirt, or more realistically mud due to all the snow melt...

The frame also needs a good wire brush and por15 coat, not sure if it was the trip up or living near a coast but saw an increase in surface rust in a few places this winter.

D73FBA76-EBAC-4893-AF34-2A17D7BEB23C.jpeg

The Jeep made it out of the driveway for the first time this morning since winter. I missed driving this thing! Now I need to find some dirt, or more realistically mud due to all the snow melt...

The frame also needs a good wire brush and por15 coat, not sure if it was the trip up or living near a coast but saw an increase in surface rust in a few places this winter.

View attachment 247964
Have you found any opportunities / people to go wheeling with?

Have you found any opportunities / people to go wheeling with?
I need to connect with @Blackjack sometime, he’s in the area and gave me some good advice as we were moving up here. Compared to other parts of AK like north of Anchorage there are limited trails in the area. There are a few folks I work with that also have JKs I need to check in with and a state rec area with some trails.

I plan to get it out, but with a 11month old my jeep time is definitely more limited at the moment.

Most people’s summer hobby up here is fishing on the rivers and bays. There are some NICE boats around.

Reactions: Farmergreg
I need to connect with @Blackjack sometime, he’s in the area and gave me some good advice as we were moving up here. Compared to other parts of AK like north of Anchorage there are limited trails in the area. There are a few folks I work with that also have JKs I need to check in with and a state rec area with some trails.

I plan to get it out, but with a 11month old my jeep time is definitely more limited at the moment.

Most people’s summer hobby up here is fishing on the rivers and bays. There are some NICE boats around.
You are correct there is a limited amount of areas to play in on the Kpen but I can help you with what we do have. I can also connect you with people up north if you want to check up some of the trails up there.