Iron Man 4x4 front track bar and bracket

I would just go with Currie, metalcloak, or JKS if you need an adjustable front track bar (top recommended brands in order). I’m not positive but that set up might mess with your steering geometry and I haven’t seen any good reason to go with a double shear track bar for the TJ if it’s just a standard build.

Double shear track bar? I wouldn't run it. Seems like it would just cause more interference issues and necessitate the need for a dropped pitman arm (unless I'm wrong).

For that money get a Currie track bar like @MaloStapalo suggested. Though Amazon has it for a slightly better price:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DIYGXJ2/?tag=wranglerorg-20

@mrblaine, what's the reason so many of these companies like to produce double shear mounted track bars? Is it just to convince people that they need the extra strength? Marketing bullshit?

I'm genuinely curious.

Reactions: MaloStapalo
If the double shear setup was necessary I would think someone would have heard about the single shear breaking. Most times when putting that much side load on the axle the speed is very slow. Easing the strain on the bolt. Now Ultra-4 type abuse I would think could snap a grade 8. But hitting the same course at 2 mph reduces the strain a whole lot.

The double shear isn't necessary. It's only complicating things more than they need to be, and solving a problem that doesn't exist (at least not on the average TJ).

That's a stupid track bar for a stupid amount of money.