Iron Rock Off Road Transfer Case Clocking Drill Jig

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I'm still not entirely certain how this works, but it appears as if this allows you to tuck your transfer case without a body lift.

https://www.ironrockoffroad.com/product/transfer-case-clocking-drill-jig.html

I don't have any intention of buying this, I was mostly just curious if anyone out there has used this, and if it works as advertised. Are they any cons to doing this as oppose to adding a body lift and doing it the normal way?

I have heard of TC clocking but do not know anyone that has done it. It is interesting though. My guess is @mrblaine would know whether or not it is feasible and/or safe.

Reactions: Chris
I run a clocking ring on my YJ w/ a Dana 300 to clock it completely flat. But I believe that i read in the past that people had problems when it came to running them on the 231/241.

Im sure you would need to make custom work of the shifter cables or bracket. I run cable shifters on my Dana 300 YJ case.

Like you, I’m curious to hear if anyone runs them here. Or if anyone has any insight on 231/241 clocking.

Reactions: Chris
I'm still not entirely certain how this works, but it appears as if this allows you to tuck your transfer case without a body lift.

https://www.ironrockoffroad.com/product/transfer-case-clocking-drill-jig.html

I don't have any intention of buying this, I was mostly just curious if anyone out there has used this, and if it works as advertised. Are they any cons to doing this as oppose to adding a body lift and doing it the normal way?
The main reason it exists is to clock the back of the AW-4 from an XJ which in stock form, tilts the case lower. If I were going to use it, it would be to drop the case down as low as possible just above a raised skid to get as much caster as possible.

The main reason it exists is to clock the back of the AW-4 from an XJ which in stock form, tilts the case lower. If I were going to use it, it would be to drop the case down as low as possible just above a raised skid to get as much caster as possible.
True I believe the XJ was clocked 10 degrees down in stock form.