Is a rear track bar relocation bracket required on an LJ with the Currie track bar?

Is the rear track bar relocation bracket required on a LJ when using a Currie adjustable bar?
Need to know more about your setup. How much lift? Do you have a SYE so your pinion is rotated up to point at the yoke?

Reactions: DrDmoney
Is the rear track bar relocation bracket required on a LJ when using a Currie adjustable bar?
That's going to depend on clearance at the skid and lift height in most cases...I'm not the Currie guru...so keep an eye open, there's a lot of experience here with John's products.

if it's lifted 2" or more it should have a relocation bracket to restore the travel arc as best as possible. depending on which driveshaft you use usually dictates which bracket is used.

this is a Prior Planning question
Just picked it up a month ago and PO had installed 2" spacers and 33's. Planning on Savvy CA's with 3" Savvy springs (and 1.25" BL) and staying with 33's
SYE is in the plans but I'm not rushing it to the top of the list just yet because little tiny brakes and big heavy tires don't really get along and probably should be addressed first.
I already have the CA's and track bars (front & rear)

Most times a straight bracket is for a stock drive line/ drive shaft and the angled bracket is for the use of an SYE and double cardan shaft.

while I think you could still get the axle centered without the bracket, I see statements on here about the bracket raising the roll center of the rig and being a benefit to stability/handling. I'm not a suspension guru so I won't even pretend to be able to explain that any more deeply.

If a tummy tuck is in the plans you will want the bracket at some point along with the sys/ssye, dc shaft. You'll need it to keep the the tb from hitting the tank skid once pinon angle is adjusted. You probably already know, just sayin.

If a tummy tuck is in the plans you will want the bracket at some point along with the sys/ssye, dc shaft. You'll need it to keep the the tb from hitting the tank skid once pinon angle is adjusted. You probably already know, just sayin.
Will it hit the tank skid on an LJ? Looked like there was a ton of room back there but I could be wrong

My bad. :(

Delirious from plowing snow since 3:30 this morning and should have stuck to following instead of posting! Sorry.

Last edited:
Any input is good input (Mostly), truth is I'm asking because I really don't know, still new to the jeep thing and learning something new every day
What part of New Mexico needs snow plowing at 3:30 ?

Northern. I am in Los Alamos 7200' . We got about 10" from this storm. My small landscape company has a few plows and keep our crews busy shoveling when we cant dig!

I've been working with my 10 year old on reading comprehension. Guess I should step back and mirror it as I was speaking on a tj. The track bar issue was one of the potential issues with my build so I stupidly jumped on your thread. Good luck and look forward to seeing your progress!

Monterey area

Los Alamos is a pretty part of the state, I have family scattered all over NM (Tucumcari, Ruidoso, Roswell Alamagordo)

Reactions: WHBNM
IIRC, I went back to the stock bracket when I put on an adjustable rear TB (not Currie). However, my LJ is a Rubicon and I'm still using the stock driveshaft.

Monterey area

Los Alamos is a pretty part of the state, I have family scattered all over NM (Tucumcari, Ruidoso, Roswell Alamagordo)
Talk about pretty! Love your area. I have fam in San Jose. Grew up north of Sac and have loved every second of my time in your area. Took the wife and kids to Santa Cruz/Aptos/Monterey not long ago. They lost their minds!

If you are talking about CE-9121N and decide you want one let me know. One came with rear trac bar I bought from forum but my LJ already had it as part of the Currie 4” lift. Pretty sure has never been installed.

In regard to your question, no idea if is required but comes with Currie 4” lift kit when reusing stock trac bar and works fine on my LJ with said lift, 1.25” Savvy BL, and Currie rear trac bar. No tummy tuck yet. So many wants so little $$

Reactions: voodooridr