Is a Savvy mid-arm kit (3-link front and 4-link rear) safe for the road?

And I guess while we're on the topic of the Savvy lift - what is needed for a tummy tuck on the 05 Rubi once the Savvy is installed?

On a non-Unlimited the tummy tuck needs to happen before the mid arm. The factory skid is in the way of of rear frame mounts.

its the same, the control arms do not change the install except for setting the axle pinion angle

So MML, and skid plate of my liking?
Assuming already have BL, shift linkage and new drive planned due to savvy mid arm

So MML, and skid plate of my liking?
Assuming already have BL, shift linkage and new drive planned due to savvy mid arm

Rear spring relocation to get the bump stops aligned after the 4" spring plus the raised skid.

And if you aren't running 35s, you are almost certainly wasting money, effort and time with the mid arm. :)

Well, my Christmas gift (part of it) arrived today...Savvy Mid-arm kit and Fox 2.0...(wondering why springs didn't come with the rest of the pkgs?).

Waiting for savvy shift linkage, 1.25" BL and 1" MML to arrive then let the games begin!

Well, my Christmas gift (part of it) arrived today...Savvy Mid-arm kit and Fox 2.0...(wondering why springs didn't come with the rest of the pkgs?).

Waiting for savvy shift linkage, 1.25" BL and 1" MML to arrive then let the games begin!
I’d go with Currie 4” springs since you will still need to get those.

Overlanding pulling trailer with Savvy Mid-Arm?
Hi, I’ve got a 2006 Unlimited/LJ Rubicon that presently has 35” Mickey Thompson’s and a Skycrapper 4” lift.
I want to keep 35s but put a good lift on it. I’ll be wheeling in the Johnson Valley area and will do some rock crawling but am very attracted to fast in the desert Jeepspeed type fun and over landing. I’ll be doing 1000+mile road trips pulling a small off road trailer too so it has to have good road manners.
I’m thinking LCG w Metalcloak arched fenders and 3” max lift. I have a Savvy body lift and Savvy cable shifter already. Some thoughts are Savvy mid arm, Curry short arm, Metalcloak or Clayton long arm, possibly outboarding the shocks or even coil overs. Any ideas about the best setup for this?

Hi, I’ve got a 2006 Unlimited/LJ Rubicon that presently has 35” Mickey Thompson’s and a Skycrapper 4” lift.
I want to keep 35s but put a good lift on it. I’ll be wheeling in the Johnson Valley area and will do some rock crawling but am very attracted to fast in the desert Jeepspeed type fun and over landing. I’ll be doing 1000+mile road trips pulling a small off road trailer too so it has to have good road manners.
I’m thinking LCG w Metalcloak arched fenders and 3” max lift. I have a Savvy body lift and Savvy cable shifter already. Some thoughts are Savvy mid arm, Curry short arm, Metalcloak or Clayton long arm, possibly outboarding the shocks or even coil overs. Any ideas about the best setup for this?

The Savvy mid arm doesn't care if it is pulling a trailer. I daily drive mine going on four years. If you want to play in JV, then build for JV. Do that and it will handle everything else you want to do very well, including getting there from Miami.

Have you read the bashing on metal cloak fenders threads and how you do not gain any functionality with them? Spend the money on a mid arm and only do it once. Tim

Reactions: Jerry Bransford