Is an AR rifle really ideal for home defense?

Nothing gets the G.T.F.O. of my home point across or tells an intruder that they may have screwed up, better than a 230 pound, 6' 1" naked dude running at them screaming with a long knife in the left hand and a tomahawk in the right.

Don't believe me? Try it on one of your buddies some time. Bonus points if you have two American Huskies running with you. Snarling and barking.

You don't need an AR.
That's a pretty scary picture right there! Even if it is just in my mind.

Nothing gets the G.T.F.O. of my home point across or tells an intruder that they may have screwed up, better than a 230 pound, 6' 1" naked dude running at them screaming with a long knife in the left hand and a tomahawk in the right.

Don't believe me? Try it on one of your buddies some time. Bonus points if you have two American Huskies running with you. Snarling and barking.

You don't need an AR.

...Think I would rather just pull out the bear spray with dye...won't likely have time to take clothes off, or acquire huskies...
I agree with not needing an AR; wrong tool...IMO.

Enjoy!

What kind of ass hat would hang around at the other side of the door after hearing chick...chick! (Best Clint impersonation)"Go ahead punk, make my day!"