Is anyone here flying paramotors?

Definitely interested! Found a kid on youtube who flies one. So cool! I already have too many expensive hobbies and not enough greenbacks at the moment.

awesome, I have been flying for some time now,

Lets see some pictures of your paramotor set up.

I was going to post "Pictures or that never happens," But I figured I better look up what a paramotor is.

Those do look like a ton of fun so now we need "VIDEOS or that never happens." 😜

Reactions: Viking Jeeper
Lets see some pictures of your paramotor set up.
sorry I took long , i was away working, this video was taken by a friend, my wing is the Red black white and yellow, hope you enjoy, ill post photos of my jeep set up once I pull it out of the garage, currently finishing up a few details before put it back on the road.

sorry I took long , i was away working, this video was taken by a friend, my wing is the Red black white and yellow, hope you enjoy, ill post photos of my jeep set up once I pull it out of the garage, currently finishing up a few details before put it back on the road.
View attachment 276526
Looks like a lot of fun but I'm probably better off on the ground.

I took the first batch of training and promptly injured my left shoulder (doing something else...not paramotoring) so launching the wing was out of the question. I finally healed up though and went paragliding last fall and loved it. Here in Indiana we don't really have any ridge lift so paragliding is all winch-launch. We had a group of about 8 folks that flew paramotors who rented a hangar at our airport and flew all the time but they've sort of disappeared over the last 2 years and are gone now. I miss having them around.

There is a small following where I am, but some are a little coo coo in thinking they can do the same things as my airplane as safely. They are not bad as long as the carbs stay in tune and you never unload the chute with a maneuver. Have fun flying. Tim

Reactions: Apparition
There is a small following where I am, but some are a little coo coo in thinking they can do the same things as my airplane as safely. They are not bad as long as the carbs stay in tune and you never unload the chute with a maneuver. Have fun flying. Tim
I still remember the day I got notified of Grant Thompson's accident/death. I was in the driveway working on the jeep and at the time I got the message on my phone a paramotor flew over the house. It was weird, only one I'd ever seen there.