Is anyone running Alien side shades or similar?

Rob5589

Certified video trained differential rebuilder
Supporting Member
So, I need something to block out some wind for the kids while rolling down the hwy. I have a soft top but it gets too damn hot when on the trail with the top on so was looking for a little help getting there and back. Any info on how much wind they block out? I already run the Alienshade top and it works surprisingly well for mesh.

Thanks!

Following. I'm curious as well, since I'd like to do the same for my kids while they're in the back seat on the highway as well.

Reactions: cjaama
OK so I know that there has been a witch hunt on smittybilt lately but I wonder if these would do the job since they are half the price? Someone should buy a set and tell us if they are worth it and effective... NOT IT!!

60621be6e111d377b453b8fd06358783.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OK so I know that there has been a witch hunt on smittybilt lately but I wonder if these would do the job since they are half the price? Someone should buy a set and tell us if they are worth it and effective... NOT IT!!

View attachment 39445

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Says 49.99 each...

So, I need something to block out some wind for the kids while rolling down the hwy. I have a soft top but it gets too damn hot when on the trail with the top on so was looking for a little help getting there and back. Any info on how much wind they block out? I already run the Alienshade top and it works surprisingly well for mesh.

Thanks!
I’ve wondered the same thing. I just never bought them bc the kids use the tire to crawl over the side into the Jeep. Then it’s coats and blankets to cover up during the coming windstorm!

I’ve wondered the same thing. I just never bought them bc the kids use the tire to crawl over the side into the Jeep. Then it’s coats and blankets to cover up during the coming windstorm!
Ha, mine do the same thing. I would likely pull them while on the trail then back on for the ride home. I am going to order them today and see how they work. Will report back with results.

Ha, mine do the same thing. I would likely pull them while on the trail then back on for the ride home. I am going to order them today and see how they work. Will report back with results.

I have the Spider sides. Can't tell you how much wind they block cause the dogs can't talk, lol! If you want to borrow them for a test drive I can bring them on the Cow run for you to borrow before you pull the trigger on them.

I have the Spider sides. Can't tell you how much wind they block cause the dogs can't talk, lol! If you want to borrow them for a test drive I can bring them on the Cow run for you to borrow before you pull the trigger on them.
Thanks for the offer but I ordered them today, will be here Tuesday. I will toss the kids back there for a report and post the results.

Thanks for the offer but I ordered them today, will be here Tuesday. I will toss the kids back there for a report and post the results.

Who did you order from? I want to get the Krawler shade being that I sold my TJ shade to Chris for shade coverage for his kids.

Great, I look forward to the report! Hope it cuts down on the wind sheer. It can be severe at 65mph!

OK, so the report from my 12 y.o. dtr, that complains about anything and everything, is that there is very little to no wind coming in the sides but that there is some that comes from the rear. She said it was nothing like when it was open. Maybe my imagination but, it even seemed a bit quieter overall inside. This was with the windows rolled up, Alienshade top and sides. So, the Alienshade side shades get two thumbs up :D

I also have Spiderweb-Sides and they do absolutely cut down on wind force and noise on the highway.