Is anyone running Alien side shades or similar?

I ordered up the Smitty's this morning; 2 sides and a rear for $49.99 through Quadratec, free shipping. That rear I am thinking of slipping between the front and rear seats as a wind breaker for my wife and I when taking drives. What a deal, $49.99. The pieces are cheap, but its still hard to believe they can make them for that price.

The full shade cage cuts the wind from the back. I love mine as I’m sure kiddos do to. During summer I keep it up all the time and stay doorless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will the spider web shades work with the soft top and windows on?

I’ve been looking for something to keep the sun out of my 1.5 year old son’s eyes while he’s riding with me.

Also, does running the spider shades take away the “fun-ness” and “freedom” of running topless?

If it doesn’t, I may have to order a set :)

Also, does running the spider shades take away the “fun-ness” and “freedom” of running topless?

If it doesn’t, I may have to order a set :)
It has not taken away my feeling of being topless, if that's what you are asking. It just keeps the sun from beating down on you. You still get sunlight coming through, of course. I have the LJ version of the Spidershade, so it comes farther over the back to give more coverage for rear passengers. I personally love it. I think I'd be sunburnt here in TX without it.

Reactions: lovemachine
Will the spider web shades work with the soft top and windows on?

I’ve been looking for something to keep the sun out of my 1.5 year old son’s eyes while he’s riding with me.

My Spider sides fit fine with the soft top up. Doesn't look like there would be a problem with the windows installed too.
20170911_163327.jpg

Reactions: lovemachine
The only downside I found with running the longer Spidy shade is with the soft top up, it blocks some of your rear view.

I still have the "topless" feel with the shades. Much more so than the solid bikini top. It blocks out a great amount of the sun while allowing airflow. The sides close in the rear a bit but once I get to where I am going it will take all of two minutes to remove them. Much easier to store than soft top sides, too.

sorry if this has been asked and I missed it, do these help at all if the doors are off?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

sorry if this has been asked and I missed it, do these help at all if the doors are off?

The top, sides, or both? I would think with the doors off there is going to be a ton of unavoidable air flow. Just having the front windows down creates much more air as expected. Either way you still have sun blocking which is a huge plus.

I have a full bikini top over the front and back seats but seems like the doors off is going to funnel air back there through their openings which obviously the sides won't help right?

I can't find any such side shades for an LJ. Does anyone know of them?
I have two girls that ride in the back and I always feel bad with the amount of wind they get hit with, especially since they have long hair that whips them in the face.

I ordered up the Smitty's this morning; 2 sides and a rear for $49.99 through Quadratec, free shipping. That rear I am thinking of slipping between the front and rear seats as a wind breaker for my wife and I when taking drives. What a deal, $49.99. The pieces are cheap, but its still hard to believe they can make them for that price.
Have you got the shades yet? Wondering the quality of them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Have you got the shades yet? Wondering the quality of them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Scheduled delivery is Thursday by the end of the day. I'll report back. Rain forecast through Saturday at noon and maybe through Sunday, so I'll get them on by next Monday for sure...We never get rain, so I'm thankful!