Is Barricade is owned by Extreme Terrain?

UPDATE!
Was contacted today by someone different at XT and they are going to replace the flares.

Ranger, I'm having a similar issue. Within 2 months of being installed on my Jeep all of the Barricade flares have started to rust. Which tells me a sealant coat was never applied, at minimum to the weld points. I contacted Extreme Terrain with pictures and was basically told to piss off as, "Barricade," offers no warrant.

So, I'm wondering the steps or method you used to get a refund/ return. Any help would be appreciated. Also, happy Bday.

Thanks.

Extreme Terrain sells out to the highest bidder. Just look at their website. Their most advertised stuff (the intrusive ad type) is all in house under a different name that they won't support. Good example is the above post. Plus, all of their giveaways are just a sham to sell off your contact info. You should see how many of those giveaways were won by "random draw" by people that happen to live in the same city or neighboring cities to their headquarters. I entered one last year on a throw away email account and all of a sudden I was getting 50+ spam messages a day.

Thanks ejay, I appreciate the reply. After my current dealings with them I'm as disgusted with them as you are. I usually don't use them for my jeep products, and after this I'll never use them again. If I'm SOL then so be it. I'll attempt to fix it up the best I can with a sealant. But, Ranger posted that me managed a return, so I figured it was worth giving a shot to see what he did.

Too true. I let the looks of something take place over quality. I have the same issue with $10 hookers....wait with that usually the look and the quality are both horrendous. Damn it, when will I learn!

Haha, we've all been there before, myself included. Fortunately I know well enough now that I am wiling to spend more money and do it right the first time.

I had the same experience with my Barricade bumper that you did, so reading this I wasn't surprised.

Haha, we've all been there before, myself included. Fortunately I know well enough now that I am wiling to spend more money and do it right the first time.

I had the same experience with my Barricade bumper that you did, so reading this I wasn't surprised.

Good to know that bit as well. I just went for a fresh look for my Jeep before spring arrives. I liked the tubular look and purchased a front and rear bumper from them as well. My paint guy already gave me some tips to try to prevent further rusting on the flare seems. I'll talk to him about placing a sealant coat on both bumpers as well so that doesn't start to rust next. I appreciate the heads up, Chris.

I just got sending an absolutely ridiculous email to one of their customer service reps. It's ridiculous to me that so many people have these issues and they continue to let it fly. I guess selling cheap Chinese products once matters more than return customers.

Good to know that bit as well. I just went for a fresh look for my Jeep before spring arrives. I liked the tubular look and purchased a front and rear bumper from them as well. My paint guy already gave me some tips to try to prevent further rusting on the flare seems. I'll talk to him about placing a sealant coat on both bumpers as well so that doesn't start to rust next. I appreciate the heads up, Chris.

I just got sending an absolutely ridiculous email to one of their customer service reps. It's ridiculous to me that so many people have these issues and they continue to let it fly. I guess selling cheap Chinese products once matters more than return customers.

Yep, I blame it on the shitty powder coat (or lack thereof). I'm not even sure if they are actually powder coating it, or just using some sort of crappy, textured, spray-on paint.

Yep, I blame it on the shitty powder coat (or lack thereof). I'm not even sure if they are actually powder coating it, or just using some sort of crappy, textured, spray-on paint.
Yea, it's not even a powder coat, I know because it's part of the "discussion" I had with the customer service guy. Like you said, it's whatever that textured paint is they put on.

Yea, it's not even a powder coat, I know because it's part of the "discussion" I had with the customer service guy. Like you said, it's whatever that textured paint is they put on.

Haha, thanks for confirming what I already knew in my head. I knew when I saw how easily it stared coming off that there was no way it was actual power coating. Real powder coating is quite durable and doesn't just flake off like that.

Fortunately I know well enough now that I am wiling to spend more money and do it right the first time.
You talking about hookers or bumpers?
There is something about XT I just don't like, it may be the color scheme or layout, but nothing on that site ever makes me want to buy stuff.

You talking about hookers or bumpers?
There is something about XT I just don't like, it may be the color scheme or layout, but nothing on that site ever makes me want to buy stuff.

Haha, one in the same ;)

I dislike Extreme Terrain quite a bit myself. If you look at the crap they sell, most of it is catalog crap (like Quadratec) that is Chinese made, cheap stuff.

Not to say you can't find anything good on there, but I'd rather buy most of the stuff from smaller mom and pop shops. For the catalog stuff, I can get that anywhere (and I mostly get it on Amazon).

Reactions: fourpointzero