Is it finally time to accept JK owners?!

I had a 79 CJ-7 when the YJ came out, and I thought how horrible they were with the rectangular headlights, those aren't reall Jeeps, then I was out of the Jeep loop for awhile, But I saw the TJ's with their coil springs, and I thought why would you make a Jeep without leaf springs.

Now that I'm in the TJ family, I kind like the ride of the coils, and the flex is way more than my old CJ could have ever thought of. My 15 year old is convinced he would never drive a 4 door JK/JL, but I told him when he has a wife and kids, and the choice is a JL, or a mini van I'd go with the JL.

Things evolve and we like to talk about the good ol days, but my TJ is probably more capable than my CJ, but is definatley doesn't sound as good as that old 304.

Your CJ is beautiful. Do you feel that the TJ less "jeepy" compared to the CJ you remember? Not asking about capability, just general look and feel from the drivers seat.

JLR two door. Red. With a soft top / hard top combo. Half door option. Manual transmission. That's a worthy Jeep, right there. It'll be Jeep number three, or maybe number four. Who knows?

They're all still Jeeps. In the grand scheme of things.

Your CJ is beautiful. Do you feel that the TJ less "jeepy" compared to the CJ you remember? Not asking about capability, just general look and feel from the drivers seat.

Thanks for the kind words on the CJ, I never should have sold it, only got $1500, but to a 22 year old in 1992 that was a bunch of money :)

The TJ has a better ride, heat, A/C, power steering, defroster, and the top doesn't leak. :)

The CJ was simple, V-8 with a carb and straight pipes, 3sp manual, it was so simple. I miss the rumble, and the on road power, but honestly the 4.0 in the TJ probably feels more torquey at under 1500rpms.

The TJ suspension has better flex, and a better ride on the highway.

I'd say they are equally Jeepy, but the TJ is more comfy.

You went back to 2018 to dig this one up? You must have been bored :ROFLMAO:
I was going through the posts by a member, trying to find out their mod list, and this one was on the list of their posts. I poked my head in to see if there were any updates, and it occurred to me that you are now one of those JKers who can relate...

• Haha
Reactions: Chris and Alex01
JK's are okay. Not as good looking with those sagging front fenders and they seem too wide for off roading and a big large, but ours are much larger than the old Jeeps. I don't consider anything with 4 doors a Wrangler at all regardless of what they call them. 4 doors are too large and should be lumped into the big SUV category. I am sure they do okay on some trails, but they are going to break a lot more with all that weight/size. I still wave if waved at if I see them wave, but I don't consider them the same vehicle I drive. The TJ is the last good looking Wrangler because they are narrow enough and better looking in every way. JK's are ugly and cheap looking.

Oh yeah, someone posted this a few months back.

As long as they have 4-doors, I won't accept them as a Wrangler... I almost did, once upon a time, but then I came to my senses! :risas3:
I'm with you here. I used to not like the look of JKs at all, but I've grown to appreciate the 2 door versions of them now. If there ever was another non-TJ wrangler I could see myself owning, I'd be damn tempted if I came across a Rubicon Recon in either tan or that smoky blue they have.

JK's are okay. Not as good looking with those sagging front fenders and they seem too wide for off roading and a big large, but ours are much larger than the old Jeeps. I don't consider anything with 4 doors a Wrangler at all regardless of what they call them. 4 doors are too large and should be lumped into the big SUV category. I am sure they do okay on some trails, but they are going to break a lot more with all that weight/size. I still wave if waved at if I see them wave, but I don't consider them the same vehicle I drive. The TJ is the last good looking Wrangler because they are narrow enough and better looking in every way. JK's are ugly and cheap looking.
“Jks are ok” “jk’s are ugly and cheap looking” everybody is entitled to their opinion, but if you haven’t driven a 2 door you need to. You’ll understand after driving a 2 door Rubicon JKR vs a TJR. There is no debate there.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
“Jks are ok” “jk’s are ugly and cheap looking” everybody is entitled to their opinion, but if you haven’t driven a 2 door you need to. You’ll understand after driving a 2 door Rubicon JKR vs a TJR. There is no debate there.
I drove a 2007 model back in '07 and wasn't impressed, particularly since it had much less of a torquey acceleration, but from what I understand, the later models are much better.