Is it finally time to accept JK owners?!

Actually the new JK is nice, I bought the wife a 15 2 door, I really improved the ride with a set of Rubicon shocks and springs. I really need to stop busting the balls of @Chris. the 2 door JK is almost the same wheelbase as the wife's old TJ, and it sure has a lot of nice features and a great ride without being too much of a tahoe. I will probably take her JK over when she gets tired of it in 10-20 years.

I'm with you here. I used to not like the look of JKs at all, but I've grown to appreciate the 2 door versions of them now. If there ever was another non-TJ wrangler I could see myself owning, I'd be damn tempted if I came across a Rubicon Recon in either tan or that smoky blue they have.

View attachment 98244
View attachment 98245

The 2-door Rubicon models with the Hard Rock or Recon package look really good in the right color. I really think the Hard Rock package with the bumpers and Mopar powder dome hood make the JK look tremendously better than it otherwise does.

Reactions: Equilibrium31
If I came across a JKR with half doors in the right color, I could see me grabbing it. I just don't like the interior of the JL...maybe it will grow on me in coming years but a red or blue jkr does look nice.

Actually I should get a black one, I still have the full set of Strike Force Zebra half doors from my previous JKU.

Reactions: tomtaylz
I test drove a White 2016 Willys Wheeler JKU last night, and it was freaking awesome. Shit, did I say that out loud? :sneaky:

Reactions: tomtaylz
If I came across a JKR with half doors in the right color, I could see me grabbing it. I just don't like the interior of the JL...maybe it will grow on me in coming years but a red or blue jkr does look nice.

Actually I should get a black one, I still have the full set of Strike Force Zebra half doors from my previous JKU.
I like the JLs also, but the price difference between a jkr and JLR is mind boggling for all the same stuff essentially. It’s an 8 speed auto now, that will make it feel a little more peppy with the stock 4.10s, but 42-45k for a 2 door jeep is nuts haha. Almost half of that you can get a nicely optioned jkr.

I'm making a conscious effort to NOT looks for and drive a JKR. I know once I do, I'll have to have it. They are still out of my price range for a "toy." So, until I convince my wife that her daily should be a ZR2, I think I'll be able to resist the new Jeep bug. On the other hand... Her car does have 110,000 miles on it and she's kind of a truck girl....

Reactions: tomtaylz and Starrs
I'm making a conscious effort to NOT looks for and drive a JKR. I know once I do, I'll have to have it. They are still out of my price range for a "toy." So, until I convince my wife that her daily should be a ZR2, I think I'll be able to resist the new Jeep bug. On the other hand... Her car does have 110,000 miles on it and she's kind of a truck girl....
67CDD068-F069-491E-BB19-5A31C280B845.jpeg

These seats are hard to beat 😏

I never cared for the look of the JK it just never grew on me. But that said I love the look of the JL and will be getting one. On a side not though I will never get rid of my TJ. If I buy a JL would I still be welcome here😂

They are nice, . I have a buddy with a jk on35’s, it’s pretty cool.

I tend to like anything with wheels...

My son wrecked cool little my red 1983 280 z yesterday, so I’m kind of warped about vehicles today.

They are nice, . I have a buddy with a jk on35’s, it’s pretty cool.

I tend to like anything with wheels...

My son wrecked cool little my red 1983 280 z yesterday, so I’m kind of warped about vehicles today.

Ouch. Is he ok, though? Hope no injuries of sort.

Ouch. Is he ok, though? Hope no injuries of sort.
Hey buddy, he’s ok, fender bender , but dads tore up.

Love my son, he’s a good clean cut good kid, but he is rough on equipment ...i cant think of any vehicle he’s had he hasn’t banged up.

I yanked the keys this time . People say you can’t fix some behavior ...I know this..,Dads not financing any more of it .

He smashed up his durango , his Nissan 4x4 , my daughters le Sabre, backed a trailer into his square body chevy , hit a sign with his Silverado , tore the tailgate off a nice nice f 350 I basically handed him...so the 280 is going on Craigslist.

I traded it for some small remodeling changes on a job I did, and was letting him enjoy it some . Time for him to start learning about how to care for things.

I never cared for the look of the JK it just never grew on me. But that said I love the look of the JL and will be getting one. On a side not though I will never get rid of my TJ. If I buy a JL would I still be welcome here😂
I don't have my TJ anymore since I traded it in for my JL, but I still pop in to see what you guys are up to. :)

Hey buddy, he’s ok, fender bender , but dads tore up.

Love my son, he’s a good clean cut good kid, but he is rough on equipment ...i cant think of any vehicle he’s had he hasn’t banged up.

I yanked the keys this time . People say you can’t fix some behavior ...I know this..,Dads not financing any more of it .

He smashed up his durango , his Nissan 4x4 , my daughters le Sabre, backed a trailer into his square body chevy , hit a sign with his Silverado , tore the tailgate off a nice nice f 350 I basically handed him...so the 280 is going on Craigslist.

I traded it for some small remodeling changes on a job I did, and was letting him enjoy it some . Time for him to start learning about how to care for things.

Glad to hear he's ok. That's most important. It doesn't take much to get hurt driving cars today. To many distracted drivers.

Some downtime may do him good I suppose. Hopefully he'll quickly learn to value good stuff.

Glad to hear he's ok. That's most important. It doesn't take much to get hurt driving cars today. To many distracted drivers.

Some downtime may do him good I suppose. Hopefully he'll quickly learn to value good stuff.

You aren’t kidding . That z is small, low and light. It’s the kind of car you aren’t as safe as you think you are in it.

He’s still got his Silverado , I’m just not letting him crash any more of my stuff ....one weak moment by me and my TJ will be on it’s side somewhere with him crawling out.

Thanks too.

Reactions: psrivats