Is it legal to have your doors off in your state?

I looked that term up and it is in the Urban dictionary. I do love it. Chris does seem to gravitate that direction. :D

most know by now @Chris went to the dark side a while ago, by and large we've accepted that. But what many don't know is that since then he's had it Pimp-dozed, bro-pimped, whatever they're calling it. I really can't describe it but a picture's worth a 1000 words. Just try & keep this on the down low, he'll unveil it when he's ready:

Chris's Rig.jpg

Since mine came with full metal doors, I would be breaking the law using my half doors :) I guess I would be ticketed in 2 out of 3 in these pictures. Now mine also came with a hard top, so am I required to keep it on, no wait it also came with a soft top in a box. I am so confused 😲

jeep 3.jpg

IMG_1495.jpg

Iphone6 1952.JPG

Iphone6 1421.JPG

I have been all over North Alabama; and city, county, and state police have always waved. Never have I been pulled over. I think doors off is legal in Alabama.

I can't believe this isn't illegal in CA. I'm surprised there's not a law dictating forward or back when you wipe your ass.

My small town of 35k has a noise ordinance even. If your car stereo is to loud - it's posted all over town - you'll get pulled over. But really this is just to give the police the opportunity to pull over gangsters. I don't care for rear view mirror rattling music pulling up to me at a light. But it's really a law for those caught driving while black. Or racers. Or just rude people with super loud music in their cars. But I don't think I'd get pulled over blaring Mozart on my Kenwood. lol.

The sad thing about CA is about 1/10th or less of the state makes up all the laws. The vast majority of CA is rural and mountainous regions. But three relatively small areas of the state make up all the laws. San Francisco, Los Angeles and San Diego. What's a problem in the big city. Is usually not a concern in a rural area. One of the big problems in our country IMHO. There should be more control on the county level and less on the state.

• Haha
Reactions: DWR and xxdabroxx
I can't believe this isn't illegal in CA. I'm surprised there's not a law dictating forward or back when you wipe your ass.

My small town of 35k has a noise ordinance even. If your car stereo is to loud - it's posted all over town - you'll get pulled over. But really this is just to give the police the opportunity to pull over gangsters. I don't care for rear view mirror rattling music pulling up to me at a light. But it's really a law for those caught driving while black. Or racers. Or just rude people with super loud music in their cars. But I don't think I'd get pulled over blaring Mozart on my Kenwood. lol.

The sad thing about CA is about 1/10th or less of the state makes up all the laws. The vast majority of CA is rural and mountainous regions. But three relatively small areas of the state make up all the laws. San Francisco, Los Angeles and San Diego. What's a problem in the big city. Is usually not a concern in a rural area. One of the big problems in our country IMHO. There should be more control on the county level and less on the state.
Well up where my second home is they are pushing for The State of Jefferson, I don't think I will in my lifetime ever see the state split up but it sure would be nice. I live in the East Bay Area where we have some many Liberals its not even funny.

Just wondering if it is legal to be on the street with your doors off in your state? I'm in PA and it is illegal unless you have a CJ when doors were a factory option. If doors were standard equipment, it's illegal to drive with them off. Recently at a local event, the police were writing tickets as you pulled into the parking lot doorless.

I read this on Friday and thought about how much that sucks. Yesterday I told my wife about the PA law and she said, "If that were true, we, and dozens of others, would have gotten tickets going to the Bantam Jeep Festival." I kinda forgot about that. We drove doorless in PA about 30 miles there and back, on two different days, which brings me to fully agree with this:

I suspect those officers must have been really big dicks, that's for sure.

A law for driving black? If it’s posted all over town, all one has to do (black or white) is obey the laws. Why is everything a fricking race issue?

A law for driving black? If it’s posted all over town, all one has to do (black or white) is obey the laws. Why is everything a fricking race issue?
I totally agree with you, I am so tired of this race BS. Why is that when some people get pulled over and the cop says do this or that they say yes sir or no sir or some other polite response. While others say to the cop f-you you can't tell me what to do. If you give respect you get respect.

Reactions: Bababooey and Chris
Whatever the laws may say in any given state, if anyone here thinks that full doors (or half doors, for that matter) are there to keep you safe, please read the placard that the factory put right in the center of the soft top front frame. Hard top folks: Do you have the same placard?

20190729_095655[1].jpg

20190729_095655[1].jpg

Edit: ignore the duplicate photo. I've tried four times to delete it and it keeps coming back. Like my cousin Earl...

20190729_095655[1].jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TJ Starting
Hey all, looks like an old thread but as my internship has brought me down near PA, I've been reading up a bit on this;

https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdoc...d=0&billBody=H&billTyp=B&billNbr=1240&pn=1474

Looks like there was a big push from Jeepers and as of October 9th, 2019 you can drive without doors in PA! Seems like there are restrictions, like you have to drive under 55 mph and aren't allowed on dual carriage ways, but at least for in town roads PA should be clear now.

Hey all, looks like an old thread but as my internship has brought me down near PA, I've been reading up a bit on this;

https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdoc...d=0&billBody=H&billTyp=B&billNbr=1240&pn=1474

Looks like there was a big push from Jeepers and as of October 9th, 2019 you can drive without doors in PA! Seems like there are restrictions, like you have to drive under 55 mph and aren't allowed on dual carriage ways, but at least for in town roads PA should be clear now.
What are dual carriage ways ?

Reactions: Chief Brohician
I see a Jeep every other day in AZ without doors, and have driven mine without them a number of times. No one cares here.