Is it legal to have your doors off in your state?

A dual carriageway or divided highway is a class of highway with carriageways for traffic travelling in opposite directions separated by a central reservation.
1572320014465.png

I run tube doors. Gives me a mirror, arm rest, feels open, a bit safer.
I had a cop tell me its not illegal, but if he sees me pulling out of a restaurant parking lot, he would watch me closer, maybe pull me over for something petty or a safety check.

Reactions: Chief Brohician
My father-inlaw, a 30 year California highway patrolman says it is definitely against the California Vehicle Code (CVC) to drive or park on public roads without doors on a vehicle that was equipped with doors. However, he has never heard of anyone being sited for it just like they don't site for tires sticking out past the fenders on Jeeps although they site cars all the time. He also says that all those Jeeps running flat fenders are definitely violating CVC.

• Wow
Reactions: Plumber1
I second that motion! It's ridiculous that we get fined for it here. The event I was talking about was Cars and Coffee for Jeeps and 4x4s.really sucked they flagged guys over as they pulled off the street.
Damn that’s really annoying that you were basically baited to a ticket.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ