Is it possible to fit JK 2.5" rough country shocks on TJ 2006

With modification they may fit, but I know they won’t fit right out of the box.

Stock JK shocks are good for a TJ that's lifted 2-3". So if you want to install JK shocks meant for a 2.5" lift, you'll need to be lifted 4-5.5".

Reactions: glwood
Yes, stock O.E.M Jk shock and springs will fit a TJ with very little modding (very little) if thats what your asking. Note: you will need spacers for the front so that your Jeep will sit level. The Shocks, springs and front spacers will lift you jeep close close to 3" and will stiffen the overall ride of your TJ.

Yes, stock O.E.M Jk shock and springs will fit a TJ with very little modding (very little) if thats what your asking. Note: you will need spacers for the front so that your Jeep will sit level. The Shocks, springs and front spacers will lift you jeep close close to 3" and will stiffen the overall ride of your TJ.
I don't know but don't the different models of the JK's have different springs and shocks?

I don't know but don't the different models of the JK's have different springs and shocks?
Yes. I believe you want some new take offs from a rubicon or an unlimited. I believe this is the number for the unlimited.

IMG_7032.jpg

Yes. I believe you want some new take offs from a rubicon or an unlimited. I believe this is the number for the unlimited.

View attachment 40010
Even the Unlimited JKs had different springs, depending on whether they came from the factory as a Rubicon, with a hard top, or towing package. An Unlimited Rubicon with it all would have the most substantial springs.

Even the Unlimited JKs had different springs, depending on whether they came from the factory as a Rubicon, with a hard top, or towing package. An Unlimited Rubicon with it all would have the most substantial springs.

I bought 2 sets of JK Shocks & Springs (New "take offs") that came from a 2014 Rubicon and a 2013 unlimited from CL. One set is on my Se and the other set is on my Rubicon i forget which is which? Nevertheless, My TJ's ride really nice (Like New) and i got a moderate life with out breaking the bank. I know the Jk shock & springs helped a bunch on my rigs and that's the bottom line.

I bought 2 sets of JK Shocks & Springs (New "take offs") that came from a 2014 Rubicon and a 2013 unlimited from CL. One set is on my Se and the other set is on my Rubicon i forget which is which? Nevertheless, My TJ's ride really nice (Like New) and i got a moderate life with out breaking the bank. I know the Jk shock & springs helped a bunch on my rigs and that's the bottom line.
What was the effort in getting them to fit. I found a local complete set for 100. With an unloaded height of 14" I am not sure if I would gain more than an inch and not convinced it's worth the effort. But the wallet thinks differently.

Sorry for the long delay I have been working a ton of hours, but here's what i did...

The Front springs from the JK will fit the Tj without any modding and you will not gain any lift but you will gain stiffness. So plan on buying some 3'' spacers from ePAY because you will need spacers to level out the Jeep.

The shocks require just a bit of modding. The TJ Shocks have two bolts that bolt down to the frame and the Jk shock just have a bolt going threw, so you will need to swap out the grommets, this is easy to do. And that's it for the front.

Rear Shocks and springs: The only issue with the JK rear springs fitting the TJ is the bump stops on the TJ. To get the springs to fit you will have 3 options which are...

1. Cut the springs so they will clear the bump stop (not a good idea)
2. Heat the spring to open it wider so it will clear the Bump stop. This method is fine but one must let the spring cool down naturally on it's one, DO not help it!
3. Just purchase smaller bump stop. This is what I did.

Now the Shocks. You have two options for fitting the JK shocks to your TJ.

1. Take the JK shock to your bench grinder and grind off a little metal from one side of the Jk shock until it fits into the TJ shock mount.
2. Just take a heavy bar and just open the TJ shock mount just enough to revive the JK shock.

And thats it! The Rear springs will give you a modest lift, close to 3" this is why you will need the 3" spacers for the front springs or else your Jeep will look goofy. So when it's all said and done, you will have a cheap 3" lift and a much stiffer ride in my option.