Is it possible to replace just the fuel pump without replacing the entire unit?

[QUOTE="Jerry Bransford, post: 269881, That fuel pump alone I posted will fix any starting or fuel pump related issues.[/QUOTE]

Even if the problem comes from the fuel pressure regulator ...? And does this pump replace the assembly kit or should it be inserted inside the kit and connected with the fuel pressure regulator ...?

Envoyé de mon MHA-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Even if the problem comes from the fuel pressure regulator ...?
The fuel pressure regulator gives so few problems that I would not worry about it. Plus the fuel pressure regulator is available separately should you ever need it... which again is doubtful.

Jerry & all: I have read up on the fuel tank and my manual says 19Gal, BUT: I just had the tank repaired and empty and I can only get 15 Gal into it and that is over flowing the fill neck. I have had it 3 years used, Fuel light comes on and gage is in the red still only 15 Gal? How am I missing the 4 gal?

I have owned this Jeep since new in 2000. Daily driver/mild off-road use for most of it's life. Retired now and the Jeep has been a 'spare' for us for years. Going to do some more upgrades and repairs, joined this forum and have learned a lot. I finally pulled my build sheet for it and was surprised to see a couple lines related to fuel tank. Standard equipment shows 19 Gal, which is what I always believed it had, but on the build sheet it has an entry under Optional Equipment stating '5 Additional Gallons of Gas'. Does this just mean the factory put in 5 gallons before it shipped, or it has a 24 Gal tank?

Hey all, I thought I would add to the thread. I (and a mechanic that only does Jeeps) fought for a year with getting a replacement fuel module in and sealed right so it didn't leak when the tank was filled on my 2004 rubi. However, I later had a cold starting problem, so I checked and sure enough, fast leakdown. I tried determining pump or injectors, but couldn't clamp hoses tight enough on the test jig and no valves on the tool to fully isolate. For another issue since that again (major misfire), I swapped injectors (230,000 km and it was dirty TB/IAC issue, not injectors). Still fast leakdown. Swapped regulator based on old threads and FSM saying there was a checkvalve in there. I could blow backwards through two new ones, so there isn't one from the fuel line to the pump. So that indicates that my (relatively) brand new pump has a bad checkvalve. At least that is my thinking. I have a Bosch module here that I bought as a spare and cannot blow back through the pump (yes, it is replaceable separately from the module, there is a video by a vendor on YouTube showing how) or the regulator when installed onto the assembly. Am I up for yet another one man apartment parking lot tank drop? (Oh and if anyone has the right fuel line clip part numbers for the 3 different clips on a 2004 involved in a tank drop, that would be much appreciated.)

I forgot to add that mine has the 19 gallon (72 litre) tank, so it does exist.

Last edited: