Is it possible to replace just the fuel pump without replacing the entire unit?

@Chris , Hey Chris I went to Bosch web site and put my VIN # in and the two fuel pumps they have for my jeep are as follows,

# 67659 15 gal
# 67655 19 gal
If you find something different please let me know. Ill find out about the 15 or 19 gal thing tomorrow.

thanks

@Chris , Hey Chris I went to Bosch web site and put my VIN # in and the two fuel pumps they have for my jeep are as follows,

# 67659 15 gal
# 67655 19 gal
If you find something different please let me know. Ill find out about the 15 or 19 gal thing tomorrow.

thanks

Get the 19 gallon one in that case.

Reactions: Eddie Greenlee
Well of course Rock Auto does not have the 67655 fuel pump for the 19gal tank in stock. I called Bosch today and they confirmed the part number I need. Also the 19gal fuel pump is more $$$. ha so trying to find it will be tricky.

Reactions: Chris
I just finished the fuel pump replacement. I only replaced the pump and FPR. Kept the original sending unit and housing. It was extremely easy! The hardest part was getting that darn ring back on and aligned to tighten. I did find out during disassembly that the filter screen was just lying on the bottom of the tank and was not attached to the tank. So I ran some injection/sea foam thru the tank to help clean the injectors from any gunk

I just finished the fuel pump replacement. I only replaced the pump and FPR. Kept the original sending unit and housing. It was extremely easy! The hardest part was getting that darn ring back on and aligned to tighten. I did find out during disassembly that the filter screen was just lying on the bottom of the tank and was not attached to the tank. So I ran some injection/sea foam thru the tank to help clean the injectors from any gunk
That screen just keeps the big stuff out. The real fuel filter is inside the FPR and is not normally ever replaced. It is a highly effective filter usually good for the life of the jeep.

I went out this morning and hit the key and with no hesitation it fired right up. No hesitation at all. I checked the old FPR when I replaced it and there was some debris inside that came out like sand or grit.

Reactions: Eddie Greenlee
Need to replace my fuel pump pronto! 2000 2.5 19 gal. Bosch part # 67655. I Cannot find it in stock anywhere right now (except for one with a broken float clip on ebay). I'll keep looking, but if I can't find the Bosch, what's the next best thing? I'm not worried about the cost so much, I'm more concerned about not being able to get to work (I know, should have thought about that before I got a Jeep). Any Ideas?

Need to replace my fuel pump pronto! 2000 2.5 19 gal. Bosch part # 67655. I Cannot find it in stock anywhere right now (except for one with a broken float clip on ebay). I'll keep looking, but if I can't find the Bosch, what's the next best thing? I'm not worried about the cost so much, I'm more concerned about not being able to get to work (I know, should have thought about that before I got a Jeep). Any Ideas?
Hello
Find this one on the net
https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/BSA67655

Envoyé de mon MHA-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

I have some questions about this subject ...
Do you think that a problem in the fuel pressure regulator can influence fuel consumption ...? Is by changing the RPF, the consumption of the car could decrease (for those who made the replacement of the FPR) ...?

Well, after scouring the internet last night and coming away with nothing... I walked into the local NAPA earlier today. They had one Bosch fuel pump assembly for my TJ in Portland, OR and one in Minneapolis, MN. It's on it's way to Salem as we speak.

Reactions: Squatch
I have some questions about this subject ...
Do you think that a problem in the fuel pressure regulator can influence fuel consumption ...? Is by changing the RPF, the consumption of the car could decrease (for those who made the replacement of the FPR) ...?
The fuel pressure regulator only limits fuel pressure to no more than about 49 psi... it has nothing to do with mpg. If the fuel pressure should get above 49 psi it simply dumps the excess directly back down into the gas tank.

Reactions: Medali
The fuel pressure regulator only limits fuel pressure to no more than about 49 psi... it has nothing to do with mpg. If the fuel pressure should get above 49 psi it simply dumps the excess directly back down into the gas tank.
According to you, Jerry, if I do not resolve the problem of starting after the second attempt, could this cause me other problems... ? Or it does not matter...?

Well, after scouring the internet last night and coming away with nothing... I walked into the local NAPA earlier today. They had one Bosch fuel pump assembly for my TJ in Portland, OR and one in Minneapolis, MN. It's on it's way to Salem as we speak.
I am interested in buying this item but I can not find it on the internet. I have a friend who lives in Canada and travels to Tunis in 2 weeks. I must quickly find the pump on the internet, buy it and send it to him before he arrives. If anyone ever knows in which site to buy it online thank you to keep me informed.

The Bosch Fuel pump itself is on the Canadian Amazon.com website at https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B000BZL922/?tag=tjforum-20
Thanks you Jerry but I am searching the full assembly pump... Like this (Fuel Pump Assembly - Electric In-Tank Type - Actual MFG OEM

d8cb8fdb8403dd3623ca49dd51f32f00.jpg

Yes I realized you want the entire assembly but complete Bosch fuel pump assemblies have become very hard to find. Bosch is no longer making the complete assembly, they consider the Wrangler TJ too old for that now. That fuel pump alone I posted will fix any starting or fuel pump related issues.

Reactions: Medali