Is it time to replace shocks and springs? If so, with what?

I have not used the ACOS but others have said that it is basically just an adjustable spacer. And you can buy several spacers for that price. If you know the spacer size you want then save your money and just use the spacers.

Reactions: jjvw
Are the Moog 3226 and 3227 right for a 99 Sahara too? I've seen them mentioned many times but Amazon says that the 3227 will not fit my vehicle. I know the Moog 3229 works, I'm just curious what the difference is.

Excuse the poor explanation but what I've read/been told is that they are spec'd for a Rubicon. They have a higher spring rate - that means it takes more weight to compress it than it would for a spring with a lower rate. They're stiffer. Likewise, Amazon told me they weren't right for my 04 Sport but they've been just fine.

It doesn't hurt to verify with someone else just in case but I believe you should be fine if you're looking for a good stock replacement.

Reactions: jculp0616
Are the Moog 3226 and 3227 right for a 99 Sahara too? I've seen them mentioned many times but Amazon says that the 3227 will not fit my vehicle. I know the Moog 3229 works, I'm just curious what the difference is.

Yes, they will fit.

Don't always trust Amazon. Sometimes they are right, but often times they are wrong when it comes to fitment.

All TJ springs are the same from 97-06. The only exception would be the Unlimited (LJ) models, which I believe have stiffer spring rates in the rear.