Is Lasik any good for wrenching?

AussieNick

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
As I get older my eyesight degenerates rapidly and I am really struggling with prescription lenses and readers while I’m working on my Jeep. My focal point seems to never quite match the distance I am working at.

Any of you guys/gals have experience with LASIK ?

I got lasik when it was 22 and needed glasses again by 28. I don’t know if my eyes were still changing too much still or my job staring at a computer all day caused the pretty fast reversion.

Of course I know people that have had lasik or prk for decades and are still four eyes free.

I had PRK and have some blur, can’t speak for lasik. My sight has deteriorated some but not terrible, I have trouble with shiner things close up and for some reason led lights give my eyes trouble. Still was worth it, I have glasses but only really use them for night driving if I remember them.
Some guys at work just went through some kind of eye surgery where they replace tour lens or something like that. They love it and had a quick recovery.

I had lasik about 15 years ago. I have really enjoyed the results, and my vision is still better than 20/20. It did nothing for my up close vision, probably speed up my need for cheaters. Reading glasses were a small price to pay for no more contacts/glasses for distances past a few feet.

I had LASIC about 10 years ago and I really bad eyes. Had dry eyes and could not see as good at night for about a year. But it was worth it. If you’re having age related problems seeing up close it won’t help you.

A coworker had a pair of safety glasses made to focus to a specific midpoint distance so he could have clear vision through the whole lens versus only the bottom as with bi-focals. Great for when you're crawling under the dash and trying to see.

I had LASIK over 10 years ago. Went from 20/400 to 20/15. Now I'm at 20/35 and considering doing it again over going back to glasses.

A coworker had a pair of safety glasses made to focus to a specific midpoint distance so he could have clear vision through the whole lens versus only the bottom as with bi-focals. Great for when you're crawling under the dash and trying to see.
This is a great idea. Thanks.

Reactions: matkal