Is May the National Fuckwit Month?

mrblaine

Crew Member
Supporting Member
I need some barn style roof metal. Local place has tolerable deals and posts around 75 ads for it on FB. They do odd runs and whatnot so I see 25 sheets of 36" coverage width 8 feet long for 24 bucks a sheet if you purchase 25 at a time. That is exactly what I need. I respond to the ad saying I'll take the lot, I will be there Monday, what are the hours I can pick it up and where in Riverside am I going so I can do so. Now, I've read the profile, all the ads, there is no address.

Reply is they will be there Monday from 8-2 in Riverside.

Yes, I know you are in Riverside, am I just supposed to drive to Riverside and I will automatically know where you are?

Text me your number when you leave and I'll send you the address. No you fuckwit, just give me the fucking address.

Another ad has some pallet rack. I say I'll take some and then ask if there is a better deal to be had for cash? It is already a good deal. Yes, that wasn't in dispute and that was not my question, I asked if a better deal was available for cash, not that it was not a good deal. Fuck it, take the card bitch, pay the fees and fuck off.

Truck batteries died. We need it to go get pallet racking. Find a pair at the local Batteries +. They want you to pay online and pick up in store. It is late in the day, cutting it close to when they close since they are 30 minutes away. I send my helper down with my two cores and get him out of here so he can make it. I note they have the alternate person pick up so I put in his info. Nowhere in that section does it say that he needs my card.

He gets back, tells me he has to take my card back to get the core charges refunded and he left the batteries there. Ah hell no, that's bullshit.

We get done, I go in and find a contact email for that store and fire off a message saying that they will refund my core charges without me being there and not only that, but they can kick in the 10% discount code that popped up after I sent him out of here. If not, fuck it, I'll just dispute the charges since this is bullshit.

Within minutes I get a reply from the franchise owner telling me to call in the morning and the store manager will be more than glad to do just that. That was worth 114 bucks back to me but what the hell? Why did everyone get stupid in May?

i kinda understand the FB thing................i do not give an address until i get a text saying i'm ready to roll where are you. i do not give it the day b4 to some guy that will cancel but now knows i have parts...........to many crooks on there fishing.

it's been real bad lately they don't police anything and there are scams flooding the platform.

i kinda understand the FB thing................i do not give an address until i get a text saying i'm ready to roll where are you. i do not give it the day b4 to some guy that will cancel but now knows i have parts...........to many crooks on there fishing.

it's been real bad lately they don't police anything and there are scams flooding the platform.
Rule 1: Don't conduct business via facefuck. Rule 2: Don't conduct business via text.

Reactions: Jmac00

Pics show a business in what appears to be an industrial park. You don't set up pallet racks full of roof metal that you roll on site at your home.

1652020164361.png

Rule 1: Don't conduct business via facefuck. Rule 2: Don't conduct business via text.
Fine, hop your happy ass out here and show me where to find roof metal 8 foot long x 36" wide for 24 bucks a sheet and not use FB. Trust me, I've been hunting parts for this little project for 2 years, and if you don't use FB, you aren't going to find it.

i have scored some good deals locally i'd never have know about from FB, thats the appeal it's local if you want it that way.
i have only ever had 1 issue of the seller not being at the designated point and not returning calls or texts to later be told sorry they got called into work and forgot.
it's not hard........... here's the stuff, hand me the $ and i'll help you load it. i've met people at shopping centers police stations, homes wherever they/we feel safer. and due to the nature of what i'm selling or buying it's often like minded people i get to meet and talk to and maybe get some useful info from.......... more about it all than just buyin somebodys junk.

Reactions: matkal
Fine, hop your happy ass out here and show me where to find roof metal 8 foot long x 36" wide for 24 bucks a sheet and not use FB. Trust me, I've been hunting parts for this little project for 2 years, and if you don't use FB, you aren't going to find it.
You're probably right - such is the unfortunate world we live in. Why anyone selling anything would restrict themselves to a single third party website just boggles my mind - never mind that its FB. Anybody who doesn't at least have their own website is invisible to much of the world.

You're probably right - such is the unfortunate world we live in. Why anyone selling anything would restrict themselves to a single third party website just boggles my mind - never mind that its FB. Anybody who doesn't at least have their own website is invisible to much of the world.
There is no probably. I've been looking for 2 years. I've avoided FB because I don't like that selling platform. So, it is either lower my standards or do without. The worst part is there is likely 20 carport companies in a 30 mile radius that make, use, and sell the same shit. They don't list prices for material. If you ask, you get a price for a whole carport delivered and installed, same price whether you do it that way or piece it out and throw away what you don't use.

That or they price the material at fuck off prices. I got one quote from them for 10 pieces of 2 1/2" square galvanized 14 gauge to do another project with. 2000 dollars. Yeah, I get it, go away and quit bothering us.

There is no probably. I've been looking for 2 years. I've avoided FB because I don't like that selling platform. So, it is either lower my standards or do without. The worst part is there is likely 20 carport companies in a 30 mile radius that make, use, and sell the same shit. They don't list prices for material. If you ask, you get a price for a whole carport delivered and installed, same price whether you do it that way or piece it out and throw away what you don't use.

That or they price the material at fuck off prices. I got one quote from them for 10 pieces of 2 1/2" square galvanized 14 gauge to do another project with. 2000 dollars. Yeah, I get it, go away and quit bothering us.
2000 would buy the whole damn carport delivered and installed for sure! I'm planning one myself, and $19xx something is what I was quoted.

I think you are seeing the natural progression of the shitshow of a year we are stuck with.
The bright spot is my hardcore D neighbor likes to go fish at the river on the AZ border. He missed the exit coming back for the gas station on the AZ side, drove ahead to the one on the CA side, gas it 2 dollars higher per gallon, turned around, went back to AZ and filled up to come home.

He said he is never voting for another D again. I just asked why now? Ya'll spent the last 30 years empowering these fucksticks into believing that no matter what they do, ya'll keep voting for them. I hope this place burns to the ground over ya'll doing that shit.

Blaine,
Try these guys: https://www.discountmetalroofing.com/
I don't have a Facebook account, since I learned that a) they were selling customer data and b) there is no security in their systems.

BTW, I agree about May. Perhaps the end of winter or the beginning of summer? I called the local John Deere dealer to ask about delivery of a new JD lawn tractor ($6k). I had already gone to their web site and priced everything I needed. I just wanted to know how much for delivery. First thing out of his mouth, "We don't have that one no more. It got sold. I got this other one though, it's a little more but it's a better mower." I politely asked if he was aware of the federal laws regarding bait and switch advertising. "Huh? Watcha talkin about?" Finally, I just asked if he was born that stupid or if he had to study. He allowed that he did have a high school diploma from one of our 2,500 student public school factories.
Lawn tractor purchase on hold for now. Maybe when it cools off a little.
101 here yesterday, 99-100 today. Spring lasted its usual length here, about 2 weeks.

May522 ror.PNG

Good luck with your roof.

Reactions: Zorba
Blaine,
Try these guys: https://www.discountmetalroofing.com/
I don't have a Facebook account, since I learned that a) they were selling customer data and b) there is no security in their systems.

BTW, I agree about May. Perhaps the end of winter or the beginning of summer? I called the local John Deere dealer to ask about delivery of a new JD lawn tractor ($6k). I had already gone to their web site and priced everything I needed. I just wanted to know how much for delivery. First thing out of his mouth, "We don't have that one no more. It got sold. I got this other one though, it's a little more but it's a better mower." I politely asked if he was aware of the federal laws regarding bait and switch advertising. "Huh? Watcha talkin about?" Finally, I just asked if he was born that stupid or if he had to study. He allowed that he did have a high school diploma from one of our 2,500 student public school factories.
Lawn tractor purchase on hold for now. Maybe when it cools off a little.
101 here yesterday, 99-100 today. Spring lasted its usual length here, about 2 weeks.

View attachment 329039

Good luck with your roof.
They are a smart company and do not do business in Ca.

The bright spot is my hardcore D neighbor likes to go fish at the river on the AZ border. He missed the exit coming back for the gas station on the AZ side, drove ahead to the one on the CA side, gas it 2 dollars higher per gallon, turned around, went back to AZ and filled up to come home.

He said he is never voting for another D again. I just asked why now? Ya'll spent the last 30 years empowering these fucksticks into believing that no matter what they do, ya'll keep voting for them. I hope this place burns to the ground over ya'll doing that shit.
Lucky you that some people are actually waking up. Here they mobs literally shit on the sidewalks, first armed car jacking at work ever last week, meanwhile law abiding gun owners who like more than 10rds are now criminals.

Another ad has some pallet rack. I say I'll take some and then ask if there is a better deal to be had for cash? It is already a good deal. Yes, that wasn't in dispute and that was not my question, I asked if a better deal was available for cash, not that it was not a good deal. Fuck it, take the card bitch, pay the fees and fuck off.

Reminds me of the DMV. My wife needed to pay a registration fee and called them (first mistake). They charge extra to use a credit or ATM card. It's less expensive to send them a check.

So you have to pay someone to open the envelope and process the check. The Credit or ATM card gets charged immediately with no labor?

This logic is why I almost got thrown out of the DMV last time I was there for yelling. That place is a shit show.

Reactions: DrDmoney