Is Motobilt a good brand?

DropTopDon

TJ Enthusiast
Looking at some of Motobilt’s stuff on their website and some of it is appealing to me. Can anyone vouch for their quality or let me know if it is a good manufacturer? I see it is American made which leads me into thinking it would be good quality stuff.

I certainly hope they are as these were Xmas gift from my wife thanks to BF sales. After seeing them happy with quality. I think @jjvw @Tray Burge and few others have Motobilt bumpers also.

Ignore the packing peanuts and other general mess please.

56D65FF7-832F-42A0-AD9E-B19E686914C6.jpeg

BED9E0C1-F1BC-4024-90F1-BBD42DC2B116.jpeg

Reactions: Tray Burge
The stuff i have seen in person looked nice. I believe their sliders are body mount mounted which isnt a good idea.

I have one of the cargo trays. Well built (probably over built). They were great to work with on the phone as well.

I certainly hope they are as these were Xmas gift from my wife thanks to BF sales. After seeing them happy with quality. I think @jjvw @Tray Burge and few others have Motobilt bumpers also.

Ignore the packing peanuts and other general mess please.

View attachment 213506

View attachment 213507

I have their front stubby bumper. Nothing wrong with it and I like it. Though I did completely rework mine into something much more than it was out of the box. The silly M is gone, too.
20201017_092357.jpg

I have their front stubby bumper. Nothing wrong with it and I like it. Though I did completely rework mine into something much more than it was out of the box. The silly M is gone, too.

You filled in the logo, rounded edges on shackle mounts, and added additional upper mounting holes right? Anything else? I’m not bothered by logo (seems personal preference not performance) and will be rounding the shackle mount. Just wondering if is anything else should consider before paint and install.

You filled in the logo, rounded edges on shackle mounts, and added additional upper mounting holes right? Anything else? I’m not bothered by logo (seems personal preference not performance) and will be rounding the shackle mount. Just wondering if is anything else should consider before paint and install.

I added material to brace the lower lip against the front crossmember so it can't collapse upward. The winch has been moved back a couple inches. The light mounts are welded to the deck. I added a thimble keeper. And it's been tapped for a steering box skid.

Beyond really not liking prominent aftermarket logos on my Jeep, I would consider the big M logo a performance issue. If you look at mine, the bumper face is being used as a ramp. I can't see the logo cutout surviving very long before looking worse and getting caught on rocks.

Last edited:
The pic you shared does clearly show rock rash in that spot. I took a quick look and lot of well known brands have logo in same spot. But the Motobilt ‘M’ seems to have more of opening than most.

Their stuff looks nice and is made in the USA.
What I can't get past is their brand logo on everything. I feel this way towards all the manufacturers out there.
If you want to include some stickers in the box and let me decide whether or not I want to turn my truck into a moving billboard, fine.
But unless you are paying me for advertising your product, keep your logo's off the product.

Just bought a rear cross member from them. Quality was excellent. Packing was excellent. It arrived quickly and there was a nice note from them to let them know if I had any issues with the part. I also received an email several days afterwards to see how I liked the product. I'd say the seem like a quality company to work with.

I don't mind the logos myself. They make great stuff too. I went with the stubby bumpers also, I just wish they offered powder coating as an option.
IMG_1286.JPG

IMG_1287.JPG

I like my front and rear bumpers, more so the rear. High quality welding and strength. For weight savings and simplicity, will probably go with Savvy for the front though and keep the rear MB. Just not a priority right now. I also am noticing the AR contacting the front bumper, so I'll need to clearance that (may be motivation to sell it).

20200511_203504_HDR.jpg

20200405_145135.jpg

Reactions: inkedrose