Slicknick630

Ok so I just installed a new track bar and track bar bracket in the Jeep. I have a teraflex high steer setup and a rough country drop pitman arm. I am not trying to get into a debate about having a drop pitman or not or what you think about RE track bars and there brackets or any other brands. I have no bump steer everything feels great! My angles and geometry are almost perfect. But… my pitman arm is so dang close now to the track bar because of the larger bar and beefier joint, but it does NOT touch. To keep my geometry would you go with a less drop PA or stock PA or just leave it since the 2 will never get close since the are both stationary on the frame. Sorry for the long explanation but just trying to get it all out there.

Oh and don’t pay attention to the steering stabilizer setup I bent the last one that used to be mounted on the diff cover and this was a temporary fix until I get that all squared away.

E57BBD70-9A97-4ED8-8091-65D7E7A04DFC.jpeg

CD6ED593-BCA0-4F66-A29F-487799EDD482.jpeg

698A9F8D-98B7-4276-9F1D-A1B023A57568.jpeg

7FD5CEB9-1EB8-43F3-B7CA-76AA8AADEB74.jpeg

4AB93572-2553-4DEA-B570-AFA6BD39A753.jpeg

8684DEE4-4360-4194-A9DD-90D05A3C88D6.jpeg

FCA4B9D2-5186-44EF-A6B9-F75A12208FD7.jpeg

Id lose the dropped
If they don’t touch whats the problem you’re trying to solve?
If they don’t touch whats the problem you’re trying to solve?
They are just so close. And I guess its more my ocd kicking in that I just feel like it shouldn’t be like that. To be honest I don’t really know why it bothers me lol but I just wanted a few opinions to see if I should separate the 2 more or it’s really not that big of a deal.

If it doesn’t touch, it doesn’t touch.

I am surprised you have no bump steer because your track bar and drag link appear to be nowhere near parallel.

Reactions: Slicknick630
If it doesn’t touch, it doesn’t touch.

I am surprised you have no bump steer because your track bar and drag link appear to be nowhere near parallel.
None at all. I even drove it around without a steering stabilizer and it was fine. It sounds crazy but ever since I put the heavier duty track bar and bracket up front my steering has been even better than what it was.

Your angles are nowhere near the same on the DL and TB. You need to measure the angle of the TB from end to end, not the flats they built in to make it look the same. Pull a line from the frame mount bolt to the axle mount bolt, then measure that angle.

None at all. I even drove it around without a steering stabilizer and it was fine. It sounds crazy but ever since I put the heavier duty track bar and bracket up front my steering has been even better than what it was.
A good strong track bar set up will help steering- excess track bar movement becomes play at the wheel and vagueness, as well as bad tracking - hence the name track bar-

Those type mounts tend to squeak- til ya weld them- I’m in one right now that did.

On angle, track bar vs drag link- you may want to pull a string from bolt to bolt on the track bar to better determine what you have.

Well I’m going to back to stock pitman arm. Did some more test and the bracket does in fact touch the PA. I’m installing tonight and will give an update.
The only thing I can figure is you don't know what bump steer is. You also don't understand what to look for and what happens at full droop, nor do you understand what to do with that fucking angle finder.

Exactly what do you define as bump steer and how do you test to see if you have it or not? I can't imagine that kludge not having both bump steer and a dead spot in the middle of the steering range.

Exactly what do you define as bump steer and how do you test to see if you have it or not? I can't imagine that kludge not having both bump steer and a dead spot in the middle of the steering range.
No reason for it to have a dead spot but bump steer is an entirely different issue that he is confused about.

Reactions: Gollywomper
The only thing I can figure is you don't know what bump steer is. You also don't understand what to look for and what happens at full droop, nor do you understand what to do with that fucking angle finder.
I do know what bump steer is. And what happens at full droop I have tested my suspension with no springs to articulate everything. And as for the angle finder per josh’s instruction at rubicon express he said to to put my angle finder there. I don’t need your smart comment just was looking for some extra insight like the rest of us who go on this forum. I have picked up a different pitman arm and will be checking everything this evening.

I do know what bump steer is. And what happens at full droop I have tested my suspension with no springs to articulate everything. And as for the angle finder per josh’s instruction at rubicon express he said to to put my angle finder there. I don’t need your smart comment just was looking for some extra insight like the rest of us who go on this forum. I have picked up a different pitman arm and will be checking everything this evening.
But I do agree where the angle finder was placed on the TB was odd to me to. I had a clearance issue. And hopefully this evening I will be resolving that and rechecking my angles.

Reactions: Ron505