Is my SYE list complete?

There is some debate over pulling or doing it in place. I've done more than I can remember. My helper has done many as well. We never pull them. He used to and then I showed him that driving the rear tires up on some drive on ramps or setting the rear axle on tallish jack stands so you can sit up under the rig is far easier, he no longer pulls them. No reason to fuck with vent, shifter linkage, or struggle with the two top nuts with exhaust and floor in the way.

Just way too easy to do them in place and you don't have to chase the case all over the bench trying to get the snap rings off and flip all different directions trying to get the oil pump to not be fucked up or get the chain lined up on the sprockets to get the rear half back on.
nicer.....

If I was to do the SYE again I would without a doubt take the case out from the rig and do it on a bench. I did it under the rig and that sucked.
I'd definitely recommend taking the case out also. It gave me a chance to rebuild everything at one time. My 231 had over 200k miles on it and never been opened up. It was a good time for a fresh rebuild and a few upgrades.

I'd definitely recommend taking the case out also. It gave me a chance to rebuild everything at one time. My 231 had over 200k miles on it and never been opened up. It was a good time for a fresh rebuild and a few upgrades.
If he isn't going to do a full rebuild, then why bother pulling the case? I'd pull it for a full rebuild, never for a SYE install. Too much extra work for no benefit.

I agree, I would not remove the tcase to install a SYE kit. It's easier and faster to install a SYE if the tcase is not removed. Blaine showed me that many years ago when we installed my previous TJ's SYE kit.

Reactions: Woodrow and SvtLdr
do them in place and you don't have to chase the case all over the bench trying to get the snap rings off and flip all different directions trying to get the oil pump to not be fucked up or get the chain lined up on the sprockets to get the rear half back on.
I admit this was a challenge working on the bench. Luckily I had a buddy helping out so that second set of hands helped a lot.

So to clarify,
I need adj. front CAs for the SSSYE w/ tummy tuck, but I don't need them with a SSSYE w/o a tummy tuck
I need Savvy TC shift linkage for the SSSYE w/ tummy tuck, but I don't need it with a SSSYE w/o a tummy tuck

is this correct?

is it mandatory to get an adj. rear track bar when I get an angled rear track bar bracket?

pfft, not on my budget, but it sounds like I'll have to get one for the bracket
any suggestions for a good track bar that's not gonna cost me a fortune?
It's a part of your suspension, I wouldn't go cheap. I haven't priced them lately but JKS is a good brand and it should be less costly than the gold-standard Currie.

So to clarify,
I need adj. front CAs for the SSSYE w/ tummy tuck, but I don't need them with a SSSYE w/o a tummy tuck
I need Savvy TC shift linkage for the SSSYE w/ tummy tuck, but I don't need it with a SSSYE w/o a tummy tuck
IMO, front adjustable arms are a benefit but not a necessity - either tucked or not.
Correct, you won't need the cable shifter until you tuck that case up into the tunnel.

In case it's been overlooked, a 1.25" body lift will make your tucking process a lot easier.

is it mandatory to get an adj. rear track bar when I get an angled rear track bar bracket?
The adjustable track bar is necessary with the angled bracket because you'll be changing the angle of the mounting position, i.e. clocking the mounts. If your Jeep is not a daily driver, I'd recommend holding off on this purchase until you get your pinion angle dialed in. There's a chance you won't need this depending on a variety of things like lift height, how much you tuck, and how much travel is allowed by your bump stops. Whether you're running a gas tank skid or not might also make the difference for you. In my case, I ended up needing the adjustable bar and bracket but I held off until I had exhausted every option. I ended up waiting another few days for the parts to arrive with the Jeep out of commission.

Here's a link for the JKS kit.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005TTZP7A/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Reactions: MichaelGH
The angled track bar bracket is nearly guaranteed to be needed to give the track bar mount enough clearance away from the gas tank. Rolling the axle to raise the pinion angle moves the track bar mounting bracket closer to the gas tank.

Reactions: SvtLdr
The angled track bar bracket is nearly guaranteed to be needed to give the track bar mount enough clearance away from the gas tank. Rolling the axle to raise the pinion angle moves the track bar mounting bracket closer to the gas tank.
I already have very little clearance between the gas tank and the track bar, I'll go ahead and buy the kit before I do the sssye

Many have had issues with the JKS trackbar hitting the tank when they get to 4” lift and tummy tuck. I would only do rockjock if you have plans of a lift

Many have had issues with the JKS trackbar hitting the tank when they get to 4” lift and tummy tuck. I would only do rockjock if you have plans of a lift
That's good to know. Do you know what's different about the RJ kit that makes it work better? Bracket angle? Bar bends, etc?

The JKS bar crashes hard into the gas tank skid with a tucked tummy and 4" of lift. I had to relocate my axle mount entirely to get away from it. If I were to buy another track bar, front of rear, I'd go Rock Jock. Yes, they are considerably more expensive, but that extra money is worth it to not have to deal with all the BS I have to make my JKS bars work.