Is my SYE list complete?

Well, many many people run them without problem. The other solutions are cutting the spring perch, which may or may not give you enough clearance, and cutting and rewelding your existing shock mounts, or welding on some new shock mounts. They do add leverage to the shock mounts, and the mounts do hang lower once you roll the pinion.
I'll probably just get them

I don't have any sorta aftermarket gas tank skid, but I did raise my stock skid an inch by cutting and overlapping and rewelding
Without a beefy GTS I'd bet that the JKS bar would work for you. Provided you stay on 3" lift. Worst case is you'd have to bump your axle forward slightly to clear, maybe 1/4" max. Which would be easy for you with those adjustable control arms. Or you get the grinder (AKA clearance maker) out like I did.

Reactions: thekidwithquestions
No problems hitting the rear crossmember? Just the tank itself?
Oh no, the crossmember is another story. I had issues with clearance around that running the stock TB. So my bump stops keep me outta trouble there.

Again, it's not so much the tank, but the heavy gas tank skid. Clearance issues are minor though, nothing the grinder couldn't solve for me.

glad I asked, what a good alternative?
Getting different shocks worked for me. Can on the topside.
16377951247573659973589384286422.jpg

but when you compress the shock wouldn't the body hit?
Nope. My setup is complicated because I'm running a backbone truss, so my lower mounts are different than stock but use the same design. Everything clears, after some more grinding... Nobody said this was an easy (or cheap) project. Trust me though, it's worth it.

Last edited:
Nope. My setup is complicated because I'm running a backbone truss, so my lower mounts are different than stock but use the same design. Everything clears, after some more grinding... Nobody said this was an easy (or cheap project). Trust me though, it's worth it.
how complicated was the SSSYE install?

Much easier than anticipated. There are some great YouTube videos out there. Just take your time and don't be afraid to ask questions.

I'm conflicted
on one hand I really want to buy the best and the Currie track bar and bracket is the best
but on the other hand... I don't have money, and the JKS track bar and bracket is a good $200 cheaper, but still reliable
but I know its not the best
I'm going to be staying at 3" of lift, and I'll be doing a TT after the SSSYE, I don't do SUPER hard trails, but I would like the ability to be able to if I want to
do my circumstances warrant an expensive Currie track bar or should I settle for the cheaper JKS track bar?
should I really drop $200 extra for extra strength I may never need?
Its not about strength. The JKS bar is plenty strong. Its about how its bent...

This is a JKS rear bar and JKS angled bracket with a Savvy Tank skid and factory cross member.

See what's going on there? That interference was about 2.5" of extra bumpstop required.

M8gFSzdWFWm-PTPJ0U--PzLcCw=w677-h902-no?authuser=0.jpg

This is how I fixed it...

rgdkKv2Uggx_Rkw-uKBi-pNQNw=w677-h902-no?authuser=0.jpg

1637796908955.png

Update: I now have
SSSYE sitting in a box
Track bar and angled bracket installed
Grinder ready for spring mount trimming
lock ring pliers incoming
Upper and lower double adjustable CAs in the rear

What am I missing?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jamesval035
Update: I now have
SSSYE sitting in a box
Track bar and angled bracket installed
Grinder ready for shock mount trimming
lock ring pliers incoming
Upper and lower double adjustable CAs in the rear

What am I missing?
An angle finder to check the pinion angle and a tape measurer for the new driveshaft.