Is my TJ lifted?

Rolltide2012

Hello guys and gals. I purchased a 2000 TJ yesterday with 35 inch tires. Guy at the dealer told me that the jeep was not lifted. I have attached a photo to see if anyone can tell if it has some sort of lift on it. I find it hard to believe that 35s would clear on a stock TJ. Thanks in advance

E27DFAD2-8FAA-4201-A2F5-9A3B4F293091.jpeg

A quick and accurate way to determine how much lift you have is to measure the springs. The stock springs are 12" in the front and 8" in the rear. Anything above those lengths is lift.

Don't include the depth of the coil isolator at the top of the spring.

The isolator is on top of the spring and roughly 5/8" thick. Anything thicker than that is a spring spacer. If you have those, measure them as well. One thing is for sure, you don't have anywhere near enough lift for 35's. You are one big dip in the road to smashing your fenders in.

Reactions: firemanast and JMT
The isolator is on top of the spring and roughly 5/8" thick. Anything thicker than that is a spring spacer. If you have those, measure them as well. One thing is for sure, you don't have anywhere near enough lift for 35's. You are one big dip in the road to smashing your fenders in.
This ^^. You may have a spring spacer. They are usually poly and placed between the upper spring and the coil spring isolator. The spacer needs to be measured, but not the isolator! Welcome to Jeep life! Prepare to Just Empty Every Pocket

Well guys, looks like no lift. Front spring is 12 inches and no spacer
You best get some lift or get some 31's. In the meantime stay on the road and avoid bumps.

I've actually never seen anyone get 35's on a stock TJ before

Reactions: StG58
Wow! No bumpstop extensions either. Amazing the fenders aren't smiley faced by now. sell those 35's and get some 31's. Or, time for a 4" lift and a 1" body lift if you want to keep them. Must drive like a dog too with stock gearing.

Reactions: Thunderhead