Is my TJ the only TJ where my soft top leaks less than my hard top?

My hard top has always leaked at the bottom rear corners where the back glass seats into the tailgate bar clips. I've replaced the bottom back glass seal but didn't help. I haven't replaced the surround seal you mentioned Jimbo. My soft top has zero leaks, and it's a CL special.
If you replace that seal, just put a couple strategically placed dabs of gorilla snot on it to retain the gasket as you install it. RTV can get messy.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00063X38M/?tag=wranglerorg-20
So 3m that seal on? Mine is only leaking from the top down the glass from what I can see. It may also leak from that seal but I can't tell as of now because its coming top down.

Make sure it's not leaking from the hinges on the back glass, or the wiper motor where the wiper arm goes thru the glass. Those hinge nuts can get loose.

When I bought my hardtop the back window broke out when one of the buckles that was supporting it in the PO’s garage popped loose and destroyed it. I replaced the back window with a custom cut piece of 1/4” lexan but it always leaked due to the lack of “bow” pressing against the rear top seal. I added a strip of 1/2” black weatherstripping to the glass surface and it has not leaked since. It has been on there at least a year now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Im wondering if it might have something to do with the positioning of the hardtop when you mount it back on after removing it. Do these tops flex a lot?

Mine leaked through the back window last winter, but this winter(after having it off all summer and then putting it back on once it got cold out), it hasn't leaked a bit, and we've had some heavy precipitation this season. I'm wondering if you have to mount it a certain way to get a good seal.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Im wondering if it might have something to do with the positioning of the hardtop when you mount it back on after removing it. Do these tops flex a lot?

Mine leaked through the back window last winter, but this winter(after having it off all summer and then putting it back on once it got cold out), it hasn't leaked a bit, and we've had some heavy precipitation this season. I'm wondering if you have to mount it a certain way to get a good seal.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
There are some reports of structural changes when storing tops but I believe it is the sides spreading apart slightly. I store mine on a cart standing on the corners and have never had an issue. I wonder if some leakage might be a failure in the window and/or gate seals?

Sorry to revive an old topic, but i only use a hardtop and suffer from leaks too. i purchased this seal thinking it was for the top of the tail gate but if i am correct it goes around the door?:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D5GYMH4/?tag=wranglerorg-20

What other seals would be needed to prevent leaks from the rear window? i believe mine is leaking from the top of the rear window, or from the bottom where the glass meets the trunk door. I am slightly confused by diagrams to see which are all the seals needed for the rear

Ok after reading this thread last week and thought that's not my problem I hope. Since it rarely rains in LA I never knew I had a problem until this past couple days. We're experiencing a major down pour. My back trunk buckets of water inside. WTF! Now my next project...