Is the engine in the TJ attached to the body or the frame?

Rook

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I'm curious to know if the engine in the Wrangler TJ is mounted to the body of the vehicle or the frame? I wasn't 100% certain...

Thanks in advance!

Technically the motor mount hanger is welded to the frame and the mount bolts to it which in turn has a sleeve molded in rubber that the engine bracket bolts to as well as bolting to the engine block, so to answer your question, the engine is connected to the frame indirectly.

Reactions: John Carmony
20150507_144250.jpg

An engine as a "stressed unit" always makes me nervous!

Go try a new Ducati Panigale. No frame at all, the engine serves as the frame! Cool idea, but I don't think it performs as well as the superbikes with frames, and I think that seems to be the general consensus.

Yeah my buddy Jay has a Pringles Duc...I've ridden it a few times now and while it's nice....just not my cup of tea. (my age is showing)

You and be both. I am only 33 but even at this age I can't ride sport bikes like I used to. It kills my back and it's just uncomfortable. Now when I was in my early 20s that was another story.

A Suzuki that looked like that knocked my son out of his Navy SEAL contract (hadn't gone to BUDS yet, just passed all the tests), stopping his future Navy career dead in its tracks. He crashed it and took out a steel street sign with his knee, leaving screws inside his kneecap after the surgery. The Navy said sorry, but no screws anywhere in your body. Probably for the good, who knows what would have happened to him had he made it through BUDS training and became a SEAL. He's now a commercial diver in Louisiana.

I gave up street riding after I lost my best friend on a run of some mountain gaps. He flew off the side of the mountain and faceplanted a 36" wide oak tree snapping his neck instantly, then fell down the ravine 100ft. I doubled back to see the blackmark pointing to the tree and looked over to see my worst fear.
His eyes were open, face shield busted off looking up at me. I thought maybe he was paralyzed until I made it down to see his normally sky blue eyes more of a milky haze. I knew then he was gone.
While that part was the worst nightmare of my life....and haunted me for several years, an even worse fate awaited me in the 3 hr ride home to tell my wife...then HIS wife.

I rode another couple of years after his death...but one day I just walked out in the garage and decided it was over and sold everything but the dirtbikes.

I'm glad my son never got "the bug". I'm not sure I'd sleep at night.

I gave up street riding after I lost my best friend on a run of some mountain gaps. He flew off the side of the mountain and faceplanted a 36" wide oak tree snapping his neck instantly, then fell down the ravine 100ft. I doubled back to see the blackmark pointing to the tree and looked over to see my worst fear.
His eyes were open, face shield busted off looking up at me. I thought maybe he was paralyzed until I made it down to see his normally sky blue eyes more of a milky haze. I knew then he was gone.
While that part was the worst nightmare of my life....and haunted me for several years, an even worse fate awaited me in the 3 hr ride home to tell my wife...then HIS wife.

I rode another couple of years after his death...but one day I just walked out in the garage and decided it was over and sold everything but the dirtbikes.

I'm glad my son never got "the bug". I'm not sure I'd sleep at night.

I've lost several friends to motorcycle collisions. My helmet saved my life once. I sold my Ducati before my first born. I had fun and I'm glad I rode as hard and as long as I did, but my life is dangerous enough as it is. I don't need anything else threatening my well being.

my life is dangerous enough as it is. I don't need anything else threatening my well being.

I rode and raced for a couple of years after he died....I think maybe I didn't want his death to STOP me...but I woke up one day and it was just no longer..... FUN

You know?

I mean...I'd been on motorcycles for 30 yrs and then BAM one day, like Forrest Gump running, I just stopped.

Never been tempted since

Reactions: Chris
A friend I sold my CBR F4 too was hit my a tractor trailer truck. His neck broke. I didn't know about it till a month after it happened. He called me and asked me to come over. His mom wheeled him to the front door to greet me. He hadn't told me he was involved in the wreck so when I showed up it was a surprise. A very sad surprise. Paralyzed from the neck down.

Wife and I are slowing down a bit. This summer we rode to Scottsdale and traded our 2008 Goldwing on a new 40 th anniversity edition Goldwing. 2600 miles one way. Got it home another 2600 miles. Three weeks later left rode it to Fairbanks, AK. then back to Sisters.About 10,000 miles in Haiti over two months. Well quit riding........no plans to do that ever!
Wait! What is this thread? :rolleyes::D