Is the Rampage headlight conversion worth it?

No scattered mess with my cheapo LED lights. :unsure: I wouldn't pay $300 for headlights unless they came with a Jeep attached.

View attachment 361671

There a TON of things many TJ owners pay $300+ for that I wouldn't. Proper lighting isn't one I want to compromise on.
That said, everyone has their own preferences and experiences. My experience with the bargain LEDs has been horrific.

Carry on...
:cool:

H4 should be plug and play. The connector you've pictured looks to be a harness adapter of some kind. Take @C.J. Roberts recommendation. Follow them back. You should find the OE H4 plug that will mate up to your new lights. If not, someone replaced the OE harness.

Switching to H4's is certianly better that the OE 'candle in a sealed beam' but the LEDs win IMHO. I will tell you with 100% confidence, you get what you pay for. Inexpensive Chinesium LEDs are very often a scattered mess (always in my experience with three different bargain LEDs). I had a set of REALLY cheap LEDs installed by the OP basically as "buy-bait". Replaced them with a frequently recommended LED housing, hated them and then sold those in favor of H4's, which I lived with for a while. Replaced those with a quality set (IMHO) of LEDs that I am thoroughly happy with them.

well shit-howdy…there it is. I dont know why previous owner did this

F7896A61-54CD-4293-A3F4-B24B5FEE0B21.jpg

This looks like a very headlighty plug. Does the existing HID harness plug into it?

Reactions: L J and imactj2004
Okay, do this: From your existing light, follow the wires back and see if you can find where they connect to a violet with white trace wire, a red with orange trace wire, and a black wire. THOSE are the OEM wires. The PO must have spliced something else in there.

Just a thought.. if the PO tried to run higher wattage bulbs in the old housing as a cheap fix to brighter lights, they could have melted the OE plug and spliced a different plug in. That could explain the plug you have. But even so, there has to some remnants of the OE harness. Keep looking…