Is there a best cold air intake for a 99 2.5?

I'm interested. Why is that an improvement?

Honestly I did it to unclutter the engine compartment. But the 2.5 intake tube is designed to cancel noise and does that by manipulating the airflow so if there is any chance there is restriction the 4.0 airtube eliminates it. Are there any real gains from it? That I can not tell you but it sure is better than wasting money on a CAI and the only downside is the chance of a little extra noise.

Reactions: SSTJ
Honestly I did it to unclutter the engine compartment. But the 2.5 intake tube is designed to cancel noise and does that by manipulating the airflow so if there is any chance there is restriction the 4.0 airtube eliminates it. Are there any real gains from it? That I can not tell you but it sure is better than wasting money on a CAI and the only downside is the chance of a little extra noise.

Sorry that I'm hijacking this thread a bit, but is that why the box over the throttle is so bulky? I know that the tube is designed to eliminate noise, with that extra chamber on the side of the tube, but I also wondered about that box.

Reactions: joshwellborn
Sorry that I'm hijacking this thread a bit, but is that why the box over the throttle is so bulky? I know that the tube is designed to eliminate noise, with that extra chamber on the side of the tube, but I also wondered about that box.

Yes it is a resonator as well.

Reactions: SSTJ
I'll add gutting or removing a cat will do absolutely nothing for power either....unless yours is plugged. Ive tested that one on more than a few vehicles even bench flow testing them seeing 2-3 times the flow capacity and still Nada in the way of performance gains on the vehicles.