Is there a device or regulator to auto shut off tire inflator hose at pre-set PSI?

They had me at:

Strike Force Zebra airCommand!

200.gif

Sad to say I just finished up an Arduino controller coupled to four relays for my lockers and air system that controls the compressor, and all the valves including the blowdown on the compressor and I never thought of adding a pressure transducer to control the compressor at low pressure which is what it looks like that thing does. And of course the transducers are about $20. I do like the hard shutoff of the manual switch but it looks like I could plumb in a transducer and still use the standard switch as a backup. Not going to help anybody else though but why not a month ago when I started this project!!!

Reactions: freedom_in_4low
Sad to say I just finished up an Arduino controller coupled to four relays for my lockers and air system that controls the compressor, and all the valves including the blowdown on the compressor and I never thought of adding a pressure transducer to control the compressor at low pressure which is what it looks like that thing does. And of course the transducers are about $20. I do like the hard shutoff of the manual switch but it looks like I could plumb in a transducer and still use the standard switch as a backup. Not going to help anybody else though but why not a month ago when I started this project!!!

I need to learn arduino. I was thinking last night of using one of my programmable HVAC controllers but it's massively overkill and even at OEM pricing for thousands per year would cost me $300.

Oddly enough they're programmed in Pascal, so I'm sure I can do it, I just need to get used to C++ syntax which is waaay different and I haven't used that since 2004ish because I develop software for HVAC controls, not computers.

Could be worse, could be Fortran. It's really just C so if you can navigate that it's easy. Most people don't really even do any coding, they just tweak the extensive library of examples out there to a particular application.
Or Assembler, or machine language for that matter…

…yeah, I go way back.

🙃

Reactions: pagrey
The Strike Force Zebra kit looks like it functions with an air supply and then sets the pressure like a single channel air suspension controller would. My guess is that it doesn't really shut the compressor off and you still need a high pressure switch for that but they don't really publish the details. Airlift makes something similar but it seems to include the compressor.

Reactions: Apparition
So, what have we decided? Any links or details. This would be a good project for much more than Jeeps.

I find it useful to just kneel or crouch down next to the tire that I'm inflating to put a hand on the lug nuts to feel if they are loose and generally check for any tire damage from the trail before traveling down the highway.

When I worked for a living, we did this as part of our daily check on the 10-wheelers and heavy equipment that was driven to and from the job.

But I'm also thankful I can still do that at my age, 63.

Reactions: L J and Plumber1