Is there a difference between 05-06 valve covers and 04 and older?

JeepZilla380

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Hello all. Starting to plan out correcting a few oil leaks. Was planning on trying to score a new or used valve cover to hit with a coat of paint before doing the job. Is there a difference between the 05/06 valve covers and the 04 and older? Crown and OMIX both carry replacement covers, but only list up to 2004. Figure they are the same, but wasn't sure if I go used there are years better to target.

Thanks!

Did you look up the part numbers to see if they have different part numbers?

I want to say there is a difference, I'm just not sure what it is.

Did you look up the part numbers to see if they have different part numbers?

I want to say there is a difference, I'm just not sure what it is.
Well the sites I checked only showed years up to 2004 (QTec, 4WD.com, Northridge4x4.com).

Hello all. Starting to plan out correcting a few oil leaks. Was planning on trying to score a new or used valve cover to hit with a coat of paint before doing the job. Is there a difference between the 05/06 valve covers and the 04 and older? Crown and OMIX both carry replacement covers, but only list up to 2004. Figure they are the same, but wasn't sure if I go used there are years better to target.

Thanks!

Hey I'm super late on this post but in a similar position. I want this red painted aluminum valve cover but all the websites say it only goes up to a 2004. Is this by chance the one you ended up changing out on your Jeep??

Screenshot_20230826-191722.png

Hey I'm super late on this post but in a similar position. I want this red painted aluminum valve cover but all the websites say it only goes up to a 2004. Is this by chance the one you ended up changing out on your Jeep??

View attachment 453062

I havent pulled the trigger yet, still hoping to find a used one I can clean up and paint.