Illinois Is there a good garage / person in Chicago to work on my Jeep?

ChitownKen

Hi, I have a 2003 TJ and I am looking for someone in Chicago to help with maintenance and mods for my Jeep.

Let me know if you have a recommendations.

There are a lot of shops in Chicago. I've only been to one myself but I've heard good reviews of other shops from people I wheel with. There are two questions I have before I recommend any specific shop.

Where are you located? I'm in the Northern suburbs so my shop is actually somewhat convenient for me. It might not be if you are south or downtown.

What are you looking to get done? Some shops are better for large projects (like my frame swap) while others are good for smaller things (like a small lift and some bumpers).

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
Thank you Farmer and jodo for helping. I live in South Loop so I am looking for something close to downtown or south side. But I will travel farther if I need to.

I have had my 2003 tj for 12 years, it just rolled over 100K miles, and I recently noticed a small transmission fluid leak. Also has a little wobble in the front end. Other than the leak and some routine maintenance, I would eventually like to do a small lift and add a little bit bigger tires.

Again thanks for the help!

Thoms 4 wheel drive would probably be your best bet for maintenance. Never been there with my Jeep but I've heard some good things about them. For your lift kit, you might want to go to a speciality shop (one that specializes in aftermarket accessories and not necessarily routine maintenance). Not sure if Thoms installs lift kits or if they just do maintenance on 4x4 vehicles.