Is there a secret for loosening this adhesive?

merrill77

05 LJ, 97 TJ, 77 FSJ
Supporting Member
... on the safety placards on the windshield visors? Seems less like a sticker and more like it is a plastic film bonded to the visor material :(

I expected this to be a 10 minute job. 15 if the adhesive was stubborn.

warning-sticker.jpg

I used a heat gun and it was gone in 20 seconds. If you don't have a heat gun, a hairdryer will work, just takes a little longer. If you don't have a hairdryer, get a wife and then you'll have at least one and maybe two or three. 🤣

Thanks! Heat didn't occur to me. I assume I should start with a lower setting on the gun, if a hair dryer can do it, so that's what I'll try tomorrow.

The idea of turning them around is nice, but I'll still end up looking at them when the visor is down + they'll be upside down. I'm not sure my mild OCD could take that :eek:

Reactions: JMT and TJ Jim
Thanks! Heat didn't occur to me. I assume I should start with a lower setting on the gun, if a hair dryer can do it, so that's what I'll try tomorrow.

The idea of turning them around is nice, but I'll still end up looking at them when the visor is down + they'll be upside down. I'm not sure my mild OCD could take that :eek:
The visor is yellow red and white under the sticker to fool you :)

• Haha
Reactions: John Cooper
... on the safety placards on the windshield visors? Seems less like a sticker and more like it is a plastic film bonded to the visor material :(

I expected this to be a 10 minute job. 15 if the adhesive was stubborn.

View attachment 276276
Yes, pull the visors off the rods and put them on opposite sides and leave them alone.

To remove them soak in GoJo handcleaner.

Reactions: John Cooper