Is there a special way to zip soft top rear window?

MagMan

Ok is there a special way to zip the rear window in? My old top was hard to zip , so I put a new top on and it's still a pain in the a** to zip in hangs in the corners every time.

lubricants for the zipper help too. when mine start binding i smear some of the zipper lube that came with the bestop and they are smooth for a while again.

Bee's wax lip balm works pretty good too. Seems to melt right in and keep things sliding as well as anything else I've tried. Cheap and readily available.

Reactions: B252
Try unclamping the header clamps, but don't remove them from the header. You are just trying to relieve a little of the tension back there. Zip up the back and clamp the header clamps back down.

When we bought our '04 TJ, the back zipper had pulled apart. I waxed both zipper sides and gently and slowly worked the zipper back through the separated portions until I could get it completely unzipped. What I found was that when trying to go around the upper corners, it helped to reach inside and also use the pull on the inside to help work the zipper around the corner. By pulling on both pulls at the same time, you get more but balanced force which makes it easier to get around the corner.

I zip mine in, then open the tail gate , set the bar in place , and shut the gate and tuck in the tabs on each side.

Ok is there a special way to zip the rear window in? My old top was hard to zip , so I put a new top on and it's still a pain in the a** to zip in hangs in the corners every time.
I would suggest not doing what I did. My zipper got stuck one day (I had an old top) I got so fed up I grabbed the window and ripped it off the Jeep and threw it across the driveway. Zipper pieces went flying. Not my finest moment. I ended up buying a new Bestop.

Reactions: K0LCB
I would suggest not doing what I did. My zipper got stuck one day (I had an old top) I got so fed up I grabbed the window and ripped it off the Jeep and threw it across the driveway. Zipper pieces went flying. Not my finest moment. I ended up buying a new Bestop.
I’ve never done that, but sure felt like it a few times

You are going to need to see the forum anger management counselor - Claude Balls. He wrote a book , "Revenge of the Tiger".

Also , we are going to have to cite you for that behavior , you may see an image of a mean person pull up beside your avatar if Chris decides to. Malice toward a Tj.

Lucky for you , a soft top is a removeable accessory. If you had done that with a hard top ,oh man.

Reactions: K0LCB