Is there a stereo unit that matches the stock in appearance, but with a USB or at least aux jack?

Jeffreybomb

Póg mo thóin!
Supporting Member
My aftermarket stereo crapped the bed. I’ve never really liked the look of an aftermarket stereo in my TJ; just feels out of place.

Is there a stereo unit that matches the stock in appearance, but with a USB or at least aux jack?

Another option is the Clarion M508. I have it and it looks mostly factory.

1653443312453.png

I like it for the most part. A couple things I don’t like about it:
  • The backlight is very bright, even on the dim setting. More annoying at night than during the day.
  • You can’t display the clock at the same time with any other info, such as station, artist, title, etc.

Reactions: IPerkWVU
With the Mopar iPod adapter you can use the factory CD changer connector to put aux in to any factory deck that'll fit. That includes all the CD changers, CD decks, tape CD combos and factory navigation decks. You can also get an aftermarket thing that does the same thing that plugs into the CD changer output. If you like a factory deck they are very cheap and the aux adapters aren't expensive. It's something to consider.

I use the PA11-CHR unit from USA Spec. Its basically a CD changer AUX adapter, but has some other functionality for use with the extremely outdated iPod flat connector. It allows you to use the stereo controls to change songs on the iPod, if you still have one of those. I only use it as an AUX in.

https://www.usaspec.com/p-334-pa11-chr.aspx

Edit: i bought mine off of Amazon for less than $100, but i cant seem to find it now.

Reactions: joelachr
With the Mopar iPod adapter you can use the factory CD changer connector to put aux in to any factory deck that'll fit. That includes all the CD changers, CD decks, tape CD combos and factory navigation decks. You can also get an aftermarket thing that does the same thing that plugs into the CD changer output. If you like a factory deck they are very cheap and the aux adapters aren't expensive. It's something to consider.

Interesting. When you say "CD changer", I take it you mean that this only works if your factory head unit came with an external six-disc changer? So this wouldn't be possible on a factory head unit that has a single-disc CD player?

Interesting. When you say "CD changer", I take it you mean that this only works if your factory head unit came with an external six-disc changer? So this wouldn't be possible on a factory head unit that has a single-disc CD player?

All of the newer Mopar decks with the rounded front have an aux port in the back that supports a few different things, CD changer, iPod adapter and satellite radio. The older radios with two single row connectors don't have it as far as I know.

Reactions: SSTJ
All of the newer Mopar decks with the rounded front have an aux port in the back that supports a few different things, CD changer, iPod adapter and satellite radio. The older radios with two single row connectors don't have it as far as I know.

Makes sense. My older, square-corner one does not have it.

If I ever had to replace my factory radio, I think I'd go the Continental route:

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...hands-free-calling-made-by-continental.24499/
They offer radios that look stock, and range in features from bare-bones CD-equipped, to Bluetooth and USB/Aux functions:

https://www.continental-automotive.com/en-gl/Trucks-Buses/Interior-Cabin/Infotainment/Radios

I started the thread you linked to and I have been very happy with that unit in my XJ.

Reactions: Fulton_Hogan
I started the thread you linked to and I have been very happy with that unit in my XJ.

I really appreciate you starting that thread. I'm not in the market for a new radio yet (I stuck a Bluetooth on the backside of my original radio); but if my Jeep's OEM radio ever dies, I'm totally going the Continental route.

Reactions: psrivats
How about one of those cassete adapters that has a cord into a headphone jack

or an FM transmitter with the same idea.

Either can be had for under $10.

I use a Kenwood FM transmitter which adds DAB radio (EU free digital radio) and Bluetooth to my phone. Works a treat. The great thing about the TJ is there are massive gaps between all the dash panels where you can hide cables…

These are not the best of quality but fit perfectly and looks decent. They may have better ones out there now as mine is a couple years old. Android system so can operate through Bluetooth for most things and you can add cameras.

XTRONS Android 10.0 Car Stereo Radio Player for Jeep Dodge Chrysler, Bluetooth GPS Navigator with 5 Inch Touch Screen Built-in DSP Quad-Core 2G RAM USB SD Port Supports TPMS DVR OBD2 Backup Camera https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WMZQBNY/?tag=wranglerorg-20