Is there a way to wire headlights to turn off when you turn off the ignition?

Worked perfectly...I wasn't sure my hazards would still work, but the do !! Thanks for your help CodaMan. If anyone is going to do this, just be sure to use pin 87 (NO) (Yellow) and not 87a (NC) (RED)...lol..... took me a second to figure out why my lights were always on when the Ignition was off. Fit nicely right next to the headlight switch with and ground and ACC+ readily available.
Was you accessory wire white with pink stripe that you used?

Worked perfectly...I wasn't sure my hazards would still work, but the do !! Thanks for your help CodaMan. If anyone is going to do this, just be sure to use pin 87 (NO) (Yellow) and not 87a (NC) (RED)...lol..... took me a second to figure out why my lights were always on when the Ignition was off. Fit nicely right next to the headlight switch with and ground and ACC+ readily available.
So what wire is the main power feed to the switch. It's not either of the red wires because I tried both of those and it didn't work.
Thanks for the help.

So what wire is the main power feed to the switch. It's not either of the red wires because I tried both of those and it didn't work.
Thanks for the help.

Fill out your profile page.
What year is your jeep?

I have an '06 that I've been meaning to do this on, I'll check the color and let you know.

The way that I see the schematic (for my '06), I'll need to put a relay on two wires. One relay for the park lights, white/orange, pin 20 and headlights, white/red pin 18.

image.png

Last edited:
Fill out your profile page.
What year is your jeep?

I have an '06 that I've been meaning to do this on, I'll check the color and let you know.
Sorry, I just filled out my profile. I have a 2006 Wrangler X. The main wire bringing full power to the light switch is not red, I tried both of those and neither worked. I've looked at many wiring diagrams and just haven't found the right one that tells me the wire color.