Is there any sort of electric windshield defroster for our TJs?

Turdworlder

TJ Enthusiast
Is there any electric or any other defroster for our jeeps? On highway my headlights,blinkers,windshield become frosted. I dont want to use oem defroster since if i change the direction of heat after 1 minute i start freezing, cold wind comes inside from all sides. Aliexpress has alot of electric wire heaters but our windshield is small i dont know how it will work out.

Yes, also non frost windhield washer fluid doesnt help even 1% water inside it and very humid air here turn it into ice in eyeblink. I hate living on humid mountain.

Does the A/C kick on when the defrost is turned on?

If so or by doing so manually will help alleviate moisture in the air that is sent through the vents to the windshield.

You should be able to run the defrost and the floor heat at the same time.

Some aftermarket LED headlights have heating elements on the lens. Running a reputable brand pair of LED headlights with the heating elements would eliminate the headlight frosting issues.

Your defrost will work much better if you have the A/C running with it. Most people don't realize that, but if you want to defrost windows in short order, the A/C needs to be on.

Yes, also non frost windhield washer fluid doesnt help even 1% water inside it and very humid air here turn it into ice in eyeblink. I hate living on humid mountain.
The AC system pulls moisture out of the air which is why the AC compressor cycles when the defroster is on. Do you have AC on the rig?

Short answer, no.
On my old VW, I ducted heat from the exhaust to blow over my carb, in the winter, to prevent it from icing up. If you still have stock glass headlights, I imagine that you could use some type of heat strips. Or maybe there is a unversal kit. The turn signals are plastic though and may melt???

If you do not have the stock headlights, switch back to them. They will generate more heat than LED's and help keep themselves clear. Help, a little at least.

Also, here in the states, you can get cheap windshield defrosters with a fan in them, that plug into your power port.

Funny thing...
I picked up a CJ-5 one time...it was a 76...but someone put a 70 or 71 body on it.
NO COWL VENT 😯😯😯😯

Anyways...they put two velcro strips on the dash...and had these little heaters on velcro to the dash pointing at the window. They were wired to a toggle switch.

The heaters were shaped like small walkie talkies.

It was odd looking for sure but the sum bitch really worked. Without it you had to keep a towel on standby and wipe the windshield every so often.

Good luck