Is there any way to make the windshield wiper starting position look like a CJ / YJ?

When I took the wipers off to lower the windshield, i noticed while putting them back on you can put the wipers on almost any orientation really it seemed.

When I took the wipers off to lower the windshield, i noticed while putting them back on you can put the wipers on almost any orientation really it seemed.
Yeah I tried to just reposition them but if you start with them in the CJ position the driver side wiper will end up off the windshield when on.

• Haha
Reactions: lBasket
You can do that if you don't mind the passenger side wiping off the edge of the windshield.

I’m gonna find some arms from a junk yard. I think the difference is those arms are straight where TJ’s have that angle. They both appear to sit on the same peg.
You will have to figure out how to change the stroke of the TJ wiper motor or adjust the linkage inside the cowl.

I went from a CJ to a YJ to a TJ...I like the way the TJ has the wipers...now, the mirrors on the other hand
gfCx4EZ.jpg

I’m gonna find some arms from a junk yard. I think the difference is those arms are straight where TJ’s have that angle. They both appear to sit on the same peg.
Yeah, so when you put the straight arms on at that angle the driver’s side will go right over the edge and the passenger side will go onto the cowl. The only way to make them semi work is to change the orientation so they pointing farther down than the TJ angled arms. It will function sort of and it will look dumb.

If you really want to do this you will need to change the stroke ratio for the degrees of sweep, since you really want to do this buying a CJ is your easiest path forward.