Great deals on TJ parts on Amazon!

Looking for parts for your Jeep Wrangler TJ? Checkout the selection of TJ parts Amazon has to offer, many with 2-day Prime shipping!

Click the image below to browse TJ parts on Amazon.

Jeep Wrangler TJ Parts on Amazon

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Is there something wrong with my Savvy under armor parts?

OP
HornedToad

HornedToad

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I received my new outer brackets from Savvy you can clearly see the difference. Thanks @mrblaine for pointing out the problem and @HornedToad for asking the question. Michael at Savvy was responsive to my email an I had shipping confirmation within a day great customer service. This is why it pays to buy from small companies that build things in America.View attachment 306263
I just got mine too. Savvy was quick to fix the problem.

Terry Tiemeyer

Supporting Member
I was starting to install mine and I have the same problem. I’ve sent emails now Monday I’ll call and see if I can get new ones coming my way. Installing for the spurr in March.

Reactions: TJTJ04

Afowles

Anyone see an issue with welding the trans cross member where it bends up towards the frame? Wondering if it would cause more vibration?

tworley

garagequeen
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Anyone see an issue with welding the trans cross member where it bends up towards the frame? Wondering if it would cause more vibration?
I know several people have with no issues. They did it when they raised the body mounts. It requires cutting the cross member tabs and flipping right/to left as the crossmember is now no longer supported by the C.

Last edited:

tworley

garagequeen
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Thank you... Seemed a little flexy when test fitting
Take a look at this thread.

jjvw wheels hard and his crossmember is still fully supported. There should also be info in there where he countersunk his skid plate bolts. I plan to copy that approach soon

Reactions: rasband and jjvw

Afowles

Wondering if it should be welded together?

Screenshot_20220407-133151.png

Afowles

The skid to the crossmember? The crossmember is designed to stand alone and holds the trans in place, now you can remove the skid and dont have to support he transmission/tcase with a jack.
No, just where the cross member is notched and bends upward towards the frame... Just the two little slits