Is this a Mopar front bumper?

scottgraham

Just another bad habit
Supporting Member
My kid's friend just got this for like $120. Looks like a Mopar that a stinger was added.
Welds are clean on the stinger...
Anybody that can confirm this?
THX!

IMG_1026.jpg

There wasn’t one from the factory that had the stinger, so that was added somewhere along the line.

Not that it matters much. The kid loves the bumper anyway. W/ my little knowledge of OEM upgrades (knowing the stinger was added) I was just curious as to if this looks like it is a factory bumper that's been hacked, or a custom to look like a Mopar.

Sounds like OP (and myself as well) was unsure if that bumper is a Mopar piece with a stinger added or something else and was looking for opinions. The first few posts did not give a straight answer and seemed snarky for no reason. Not everybody is an OEM Mopar bumper expert.

Thanks for your help, guys. I've kind of taken this kid under my wing and things like this are important to him for decision making. REDIT...doesn't always give him the right answers, but I knew you guys could.
I appreciate all your feedback.

I feel like it might be necessary to point out that unless that stinger and bumper are somehow reinforced, given the thickness (or lack there-of) of the OEM bumper I wouldn't rely on it for anything much more than looks

It's my understanding that the MOPAR Rock Crawler bumper is much thicker than the regular OEM bumper. It looks thicker to me at least in the pictures I've seen.