Is this a Pedophile?

I'm honestly just not seeing "pedophile" from this one. People simply don't advertise that kind of thing...but there are a lot of people that use the shock factor to draw attention and/or debate, much like this person has done, here. To a certain extent, he's trolling us all...just the same as I did when I wore a Black Flag or Bikini Kill shirt to high school and got predictably accosted by my teachers.

Reactions: PunkieBoozer
So NAMBLA is not an advertisement with it's own website?
https://www.nambla.org/
Absolutely that is and had that been a NAMBLA sticker, this is an entirely different conversation. The display of that sticker narrows down the conclusions one can arrive at about the intent to just a few possibilities. Some sick individual drives that vehicle, or someone is the victim of a bad joke. The third possibility relies on a fair bit of ignorance being requisite for the owner to believe that the sticker acronym doesn't represent a very distorted lifestyle.

Are all cops the same? Definitely not. Just because you spoke to a couple that represents 2 out of hundreds of thousands of cops out there. Also for the sake of clarity I showed some folks at my work said bumper sticker and it was pretty unanimous the majority of the people I showed it to right away thought it was a pedophile. So take that for what it is I guess? First impressions are everything, and that’s the first thing I thought when I saw it also.
It was time for dessert so I had to hurry. My point in speaking with them was to verify what was already shown by myself and Mr. Bills with reference to various court cases that have defined further our First Amendment rights. That sticker is not against the law nor is the display of it. If you want to rest your point on the fact that there are bad cops out there that do things that are against the law I get that point and only a fool would ignore all the killings and beatings handed out that are well publicized. Again though, members of law enforcement breaking laws does not change the legality of their acts nor does it negate the lawful display of that sticker.

I chose the ones I did because we have had many conversations over the years about the scumbags they deal with and at the top of their lists are pedophiles and child molesters. They deal with it, they (as do most) despise it, and they do all they can to get them off the streets and put them away. So while my statistical sampling was very small, it was of some folks who are highly intent on punishing that particular group with high levels of enthusiasm.

I still think its some smarta$$ stiring the pot. 9 pages and counting. Good thing none of us have been pulled into his world....of them being a pot stirrer, not a pedo. Drinking my coffee and enjoying the conversation.

• Haha
Reactions: DrDmoney
Absolutely that is and had that been a NAMBLA sticker, this is an entirely different conversation. The display of that sticker narrows down the conclusions one can arrive at about the intent to just a few possibilities. Some sick individual drives that vehicle, or someone is the victim of a bad joke. The third possibility relies on a fair bit of ignorance being requisite for the owner to believe that the sticker acronym doesn't represent a very distorted lifestyle.
Yes I get that completely. But your statement was, "No pedophile out there wants that attention. Anyone that believes otherwise is just very sheltered." That's not true. Not all, but I argue some, not only want attention they want acceptance for their thoughts, so they can go about their day justifying what they want to do, (NAMBLA).

Example:
When I was in the Navy, I had a couple good friends, we rode together, we partied together, we shared our bike builds and ideas, our wives were friends also. We deployed for 6 months, All three of us in the same command. Sometime during that deployment this "friend" wrote a letter to his wife (She had 3 kids to a previous marriage) the oldest being a 13 yr. old girl. Stated that he had been and does have sexual fantasies about her daughter. This guy actually thought to write that letter while on the other side of the world. Draw whatever conclusions you want, but I'm telling you, He wanted acceptance for his thoughts and for someone to tell him (his wife) it's normal, or okay, he wanted it out in the open. After some investigating by the wife of the daughter, come to find out that he had actually tried some things with this young girl. Needless to say, He was brought up on charges, was convicted, lost his career, his wife, his house and his friends. Was this guy actually thinking straight when he sent that letter? If he could take it back, would he?

Original question was "Is this a pedophile?" We can come up with any number of meanings for the phrase. But those words in that particular order and the literal translation of those words in that order? At some point, you would think, that some form of intelligence would set in BEFORE you put that phrase on the back of your car, unless you want acceptance, or,,, you have no idea it's there.

Reactions: Starrs
Yes I get that completely. But your statement was, "No pedophile out there wants that attention. Anyone that believes otherwise is just very sheltered." That's not true. Not all, but I argue some, not only want attention they want acceptance for their thoughts, so they can go about their day justifying what they want to do, (NAMBLA).

Example:
When I was in the Navy, I had a couple good friends, we rode together, we partied together, we shared our bike builds and ideas, our wives were friends also. We deployed for 6 months, All three of us in the same command. Sometime during that deployment this "friend" wrote a letter to his wife (She had 3 kids to a previous marriage) the oldest being a 13 yr. old girl. Stated that he had been and does have sexual fantasies about her daughter. This guy actually thought to write that letter while on the other side of the world. Draw whatever conclusions you want, but I'm telling you, He wanted acceptance for his thoughts and for someone to tell him (his wife) it's normal, or okay, he wanted it out in the open. After some investigating by the wife of the daughter, come to find out that he had actually tried some things with this young girl. Needless to say, He was brought up on charges, was convicted, lost his career, his wife, his house and his friends. Was this guy actually thinking straight when he sent that letter? If he could take it back, would he?

Original question was "Is this a pedophile?" We can come up with any number of meanings for the phrase. But those words in that particular order and the literal translation of those words in that order? At some point, you would think, that some form of intelligence would set in BEFORE you put that phrase on the back of your car, unless you want acceptance, or,,, you have no idea it's there.
Did he have a bumper sticker that said FUCK MY STEP DAUGHTER?

What would you think if you saw THAT bumper sticker displayed on a vehicle?

The comparison of a personal letter - no matter how ill-advised, and no matter to whom it might be addressed - to a bumper sticker displayed publicly is an apples-to-oranges situation. I know that when I tell someone something in confidence, I'm doing so expressly because I don't want public attention drawn to the issue, and I would expect that most people feel the same.

The comparison of a personal letter - no matter how ill-advised, and no matter to whom it might be addressed - to a bumper sticker displayed publicly is an apples-to-oranges situation. I know that when I tell someone something in confidence, I'm doing so expressly because I don't want public attention drawn to the issue, and I would expect that most people feel the same.
Is it not clearly evident that we are not the least bit in touch with how folks feel?

Did he have a bumper sticker that said FUCK MY STEP DAUGHTER?

What would you think if you saw THAT bumper sticker displayed on a vehicle?
The same as the sticker posted. Either your pissed off at your stepdaughter or you want to pimp her out. If it's the first, You need your ass kicked, because of the meaning of the latter. If it's the latter you still need your ass kicked. If I saw that bumper sticker, the question would have been, " Is this a pimp?"

Is it not clearly evident that we are not the least bit in touch with how folks feel?

I'm beginning to agree with you on that, but I do have to say that it's rather shocking that we've missed the boat so completely... especially considering our long history of being empathetic, helpful and caring individuals.

I'm beginning to agree with you on that, but I do have to say that it's rather shocking that we've missed the boat so completely... especially considering our long history of being empathetic, helpful and caring individuals.
Yes, If I see it again,, I will tap on their window and with care, help them out of their car and show them, the sticker on the back, just in case they don't know that it's their. If they do, with empathy say, "you need to go back to school and get a better grasp on the English language."

Yes, If I see it again,, I will tap on their window and with care, help them out of their car and show them, the sticker on the back, just in case they don't know that it's their. If they do, with empathy say, "you need to go back to school and get a better grasp on the English language."

What if it isn't their?

I wasn't referring to you, though. I was referring to myself and Blaine, neither of whom - that I know of - are nurses... although there are rumors that I've occasionally dressed like one to help pay for college.
Ha! now I know the meaning of "I just want my miniskirt back"

What if it isn't their?
There? or Their's? I'll go with the first.
That would imply that intelligence finally started to set in, meaning they eventually walked around the back of the car, with surprise saw it and removed it. Or they woke in the middle of the night with this feeling of "I'm a complete idiot" and removed it.

edit:
Ah! I see it now, misspelled it myself!

Ha! now I know the meaning of "I just want my miniskirt back"

That's actually a different reference - and the missing skirt is black with sequins, whereas my nurse outfit is white with sequins - but you still get points for paying attention.

edit:
Ah! I see it now, misspelled it myself!

I was about to revoke your attention points, but you saved yourself.

• Haha
Reactions: Hook_62