Is this a Rubicon double cardan driveshaft?

Ptm

Am I crazy or is this a Rubicon dc driveshaft? It’s for sale locally and I asked the guy and he says no. He’s got it listed as a sye tj shaft but that flange on the end says different to me. I only ask because I need one and this one is super cheap. Don’t the sye shafts terminate with a u joint on the transfer case end? Thanks!
ABA9920E-7F7D-41B1-8175-8355BB606349.jpg

That's not a Rubicon driveshaft, it's strictly aftermarket and is indeed a SYE type driveshaft. My Rubicon's output shaft is flanged so that'd work on mine. The Rubicon's factory OE rear driveshaft is not a DC driveshaft, it just has the usual single u-joint at both ends.

That's not a Rubicon driveshaft, it's strictly aftermarket and is indeed a SYE type driveshaft. My Rubicon's output shaft is flanged so that'd work on mine. The Rubicon's factory OE rear driveshaft is not a DC driveshaft, it just has the usual single u-joint at both ends.

I see. So my factory NP241 is flanged so it should work for me too right?

Yes. My question is because it’s listed as the SYE type for a NP231 and the owner says it will NOT work for my 241 but I think he really doesn’t know. Lol

Jerry I can’t really express how helpful you have been in my researching and building of my Jeep. Not just with your answers to my questions but with all the stuff you post on here and other forums. You are truly a gentleman and a scholar. You really should get paid for this sir.

I see. So my factory NP241 is flanged so it should work for me too right?
Possibly but not likely. That is the way that Currie used to build their SYE output as well as RE with their hack and tap kit. That flange is what you see bolted to the end of the driveshaft.

In order for it to bolt up to your 241 output flange you need to know the flange pilot diameter and the bolt center distances.

Reactions: Ptm
Possibly but not likely. That is the way that Currie used to build their SYE output as well as RE with their hack and tap kit. That flange is what you see bolted to the end of the driveshaft.

In order for it to bolt up to your 241 output flange you need to know the flange pilot diameter and the bolt center distances.
Ok, good to know Blaine. I’ll check that out too. I looked and looked to see if anyone built their SyE kit with an output like that but had no luck but I didn’t assume there never had been.

How can you differentiate between it and the Currie version by that picture?
I’ve never seen the Currie version, but it looks like the std hack and tap flange RE sells for the 231 t-case. Unfortunately I’ve had the pleasure of installing quite a few on people’s XJ’s. I’ve only done one on a TJ though.

Reactions: Ptm
I’ve never seen the Currie version, but it looks like the std hack and tap flange RE sells for the 231 t-case. Unfortunately I’ve had the pleasure of installing quite a few on people’s XJ’s. I’ve only done one on a TJ though.
I'll take a pic of the one I have from Currie from the same angle and then you will see why I'm asking.