Is this a SKIM module?

Jmr17320

TJ Enthusiast
I think it is but want to be sure…
Like to get a second key but 99.9% sure I have SKIM and it has not been bypassed.
DE0E6287-49A1-4E14-8298-A645AB879E5C.jpeg

Looks like it to me.

Do you have an amber indicator in the gauge cluster come on when you start the Jeep? It's a key in a circle with a slash across it. That should verify you have SKIM. Should be in the upper left.

You can easily get a second key.
Just take the Jeep to a good locksmith, and for about $65 they can make you a new one by 'cloning' your existing key.

What color is your key? If it's black, then SKIM is not enabled. If it's gray and you see the little yellow circle with a key, left side of picture, SKIM is enabled.

img_3902-jpg.jpg

IF you determine you are having a problem with your SKIM; different year TJs use different ignition key modules and ECUs.
Please provide information about your Jeep in the Forum Profile so Forum Members can assist you.

What color is your key? If it's black, then SKIM is not enabled. If it's gray and you see the little yellow circle with a key, left side of picture, SKIM is enabled.

View attachment 305081
Thanks I didnt know this, I had to look up SKIM lol, I have the grey keys and light on dash, I also have a flashing red light coming from the factory radio is that part of the immobilizer?

I think it is but want to be sure…
Like to get a second key but 99.9% sure I have SKIM and it has not been bypassed.View attachment 305075
That is a correctly installed and plugged in SKIM module. As to whether it is functional is a different issue. You can test it with a non programmed key. Start it, if it runs and dies within a few seconds, it's broken.

That is a correctly installed and plugged in SKIM module. As to whether it is functional is a different issue. You can test it with a non programmed key. Start it, if it runs and dies within a few seconds, it's broken.
Trying to think this through, but I that was normal behavior with a non programmed key when skim is present?