Is this bad?

tworley

Ignored :(
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I stole this from another forum (I kinda feel bad for doing so), but look at this! What looks like grade 5 (if even) hardware and pvc. Haul this thing to the junkyard and put it out of its misery.

The frame is so rusted that there isn’t even a bottom half left on it. That pvc looks like it goes from the skid plate to the top of the frame...

I saw that over on "that other forum" too. Thats some genius level hackery right there. Poor guy apparently still owes money on a Jeep that is completely worthless.

Reactions: primetime4
I saw that over on "that other forum" too. Thats some genius level hackery right there. Poor guy apparently still owes money on a Jeep that is completely worthless.

To the tune of $7k. There is no fixing this. He needs to part it out and just take the loss.

• Wow
Reactions: jodomcfrodo
This can't be for real? Tell me he's really not driving it around like that!

You'd be shocked by what some people do to keep a rotted TJ going. Every time I see a TJ here in Illinois, the first thing I do is look at the frame from pure curiosity. I've seen 2-3 in the past year that have some sort of sketchy repair holding it together. A few more that needed repairs but were just being driven around normally. Plenty of people driving around with ratchet straps or chains holding their middle section together.

Hahaha! Oh my gosh, this actually made me laugh out loud.

There is so many things wrong with this!

Reactions: B252
The frame is so rusted that there isn’t even a bottom half left on it. That pvc looks like it goes from the skid plate to the top of the frame...

I wonder how he got the bolts in there, there isn’t much room between frame and body without a bigger hole! I also wonder what the other side looks like.

I wonder how he got the bolts in there, there isn’t much room between frame and body without a bigger hole! I also wonder what the other side looks like.

Bigger hole to fish the bolt thru and a larger washer to stop it from coming out? Based on everything else that seems like the most reasonable way

I know this is silly as my frame and mounts are fine, but every time I see the horror stories I run out to my Jeep and take a peek and feel around to make sure I am not missing something. This forum makes me get out there a lot 😂

Side note, my 3 year old now points out all the Jeeps on the drive.. Now for him to call the 4doors minivans and I think I've converted him ;)

he probably just drilled a hole from the tub and dropped the bolts through....amazing how people will ignore their own saftey and that of others. Are there zero inspections in that state?

My guess is that they drilled holes in the floor right above each of those fine bolts. I'll also guess that that TJ would make it an extra 15 miles if they'd have used black pipe instead of PVC. What were they thinking?

That is awful. I feel for the guy since he owes money on it.

I stole this from another forum (I kinda feel bad for doing so), but look at this! What looks like grade 5 (if even) hardware and pvc. Haul this thing to the junkyard and put it out of its misery.

View attachment 76421
It's got to be a temp fix to sell it to some unsuspecting person. Probably a used car dealer.

View attachment 76421
looks like a new skidplate...

makes one want to find the guy who did this and have a few beers, find out what makes him tick

Reactions: rasband