Is this CJ front end cover the "inspiration" for angry eyes?

psrivats

Team green shackle
Supporting Member
Old timers on the forym who grew up with and/or owned CJs, do you know if this front end cover was a factory option? I know TJs have something that clips on to the hood on the front to deflect bugs from the windshield

I wonder if this was the inspiration for the angry eyes. I'm sure @Chris would be very eager to know :risas3:

Oh my god... I can't unsee that.

It's like someone turned a CJ into a JK... that bumper too... UGH.

Someone put an end to this madness!

Reactions: Spic and Red Dog
The side pipes were common on CJs with V-8s.

And V-6's.

My father bought a new Kaiser CJ-5 with factory V-6 in 1965 which I drove in high school and purchased from him sometime after I finished college. I still remember the day I persuaded him to let me put dual glasspacks on it - with flanges so we could unbolt the mufflers and leave them in camp when blasting through the Oceano dunes on July 4th and Labor Day weekends and at Glamis every day-after-Thanksgiving.

And V-6's.

My father bought a new Kaiser CJ-5 with factory V-6 in 1965 which I drove in high school and purchased from him sometime after I finished college. I still remember the day I persuaded him to let me put dual glasspacks on it - with flanges so we could unbolt the mufflers and leave them in camp when blasting through the Oceano dunes on July 4th and Labor Day weekends and at Glamis every day-after-Thanksgiving.
That's true, and V-6s. My uncle had one. Great Jeep with the V-6, I really liked that set up.